Turbo problems
05-04-2017, (Subject: Turbo problems ) 
Turbo problems
Sooo 07 IH 7600. Cummins ism 425v. Egr motor no dpf. Lately truck has been sluggish like struggleing when starting from a stop almost like it has no bottem end power and wont make full boost till 1600 rpm and egts are around 1000. With jakes on it would boost up to 25psi now its around 12-20psi. Also i hear a ticking noise like a exhaust manifold leak but i cannot see any soot or smelll exhaust. The turbo and egr valve are new only 5k on them but i already had to replace the actuator on the turbo. Could the turbo be my problem? Could it be making the ticking noise i hear? I know this is a isx forum but i think they use the same turbo
replyreply
RE: Turbo problems
* Pressurize the engine and look for leaks.

* clean out the EGR, Delta-P, and other piping and verify the EGR valve is not sticking.

* replace the Intake pressure sensor, Delta-P sensor, and exhaust pressure sensor if they are old.

* verify the turbo is calibrated properly.

* Never worked on a ISM. If the turbo controller is air driven like in the CM870's, make sure the pressure supply line is at full air pressure by checking it with a gauge.

Just some places to start.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-04-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  * Pressurize the engine and look for leaks.

* clean out the EGR, Delta-P, and other piping and verify the EGR valve is not sticking.

* replace the Intake pressure sensor, Delta-P sensor, and exhaust pressure sensor if they are old.

* verify the turbo is calibrated properly.

* Never worked on a ISM. If the turbo controller is air driven like in the CM870's, make sure the pressure supply line is at full air pressure by checking it with a gauge.

Thanks for the advice. Egr is not sticking and egr tubes are clear. I have replaced all sensors except delta p sensor cummins shop says its reading normal. No boost leaks full boost on mechanical gauge is 37-40 psi but noticed sensor will only read 31.5psi sometimes and that boost sensor is new and clean. The truck only revs to 2100 rpm and full boost is not until 1600rpm then i have to shift its almost like the truck has no bottem end. I hear a manifold leak sound that sounds like its comming from the turbo. Like i said before cannot see any soot or smell exhaust that would indicate a exhaust leak
replyreply
(05-04-2017 )Mikesuburban1 Wrote:  Thanks for the advice. Egr is not sticking and egr tubes are clear. I have replaced all sensors except delta p sensor cummins shop says its reading normal. No boost leaks full boost on mechanical gauge is 37-40 psi but noticed sensor will only read 31.5psi sometimes and that boost sensor is new and clean. The truck only revs to 2100 rpm and full boost is not until 1600rpm then i have to shift its almost like the truck has no bottem end. I hear a manifold leak sound that sounds like its comming from the turbo. Like i said before cannot see any soot or smell exhaust that would indicate a exhaust leak

In that case, i will re-phrase my suggestions..

* Pressurize the engine and look for leaks - USING BLOCKING PLATES AT THE INTAKE AND EXHAUST WHILE IT IS OFF!

* clean out the EGR, Delta-P, and other piping and verify the EGR valve is not sticking. -- sounds like you did this, also check the crossover tubes for Delta-P.

* replace the Delta-P sensor if it is old, I don't care what someone says!.

* verify the turbo is calibrated properly!

* Check the "engine state" parameter to see if it is in a derate while it is acting up.

* Check the fuel pressure and make sure it is not starving for fuel at high torque.

===

There, that is better.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.