Keep cracking/breaking flex pipe
05-08-2017, (Subject: Keep cracking/breaking flex pipe ) 
RE: Keep cracking/breaking flex pipe
It splits/sheers from vibration. NO IMPACT! 40-50 lbs by hand, cut a longer piece of flex that fits without stress or stainless braided is better as said by others.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
05-28-2017, (Subject: Keep cracking/breaking flex pipe ) 
RE: Keep cracking/breaking flex pipe
(05-07-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Replace the flex pipe and leave the exhaust hangers for the hard pipes a bit loose, but not flopping around for a couple days so that heat expansion and settling can set in. Then gently tighten everything up but don't make them real tight. All those pipes and exhaust components need room to stretch in the heat and flex when the frame flexes too. It sounds like someone is tightening everything up too much, possibly using impact guns instead of doing it by hand.

Just some thoughts of my own on it.

You nailed it, the damn monkey in the shop uses his impact for everything but drain plugs. I broke one wrench, then had to out a ratchet on and use my foot to even break it loose, then a wrench on the end to keep loosening it. I have a stainless flex with me now that's going on after breakfast. Thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.