Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-19-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-19-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  Air Compressor head
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=i...70&alt=web

Cool, just got back from seeing the truck, they are going with the compressor kit vs a new one. Front and Rear Mains being replaced too, along with the Bell Housing gasket and tranny parts In2 mentioned... The cost of not having to install a new compressor should even this all out, going to be apart, do it now.
replyreply
./uploads/201603/post_602_1458391745_4baf38101b6a89a186f7bb19e628eafe.jpeg

Ok I have a question on the air compressor head kit. I'm officially hijacking this thread.

Do you have to remove the compressor from the motor to replace the head kit you linked to eBay?
replyreply
(03-19-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  

Ok I have a question on the air compressor head kit. I'm officially hijacking this thread.

Do you have to remove the compressor from the motor to replace the head kit you linked to eBay?

I have debated doing the head kit and or replacing the compressor. And from what Cummins said, it stays on the motor. The head is held on with 5 or 6 bolts, remove the lines on the top, remove the bolts, remove the head and gasket. Replace with new parts and bolts, torque bolts in a criss cross pattern. Clean soot out of lines and re-install. I think that is about it. And of course clean the top, I would think that you would want to bar the motor to get the piston at the top so debris does not fall in the cylinder.
replyreply
(03-19-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I have debated doing the head kit and or replacing the compressor. And from what Cummins said, it stays on the motor. The head is held on with 5 or 6 bolts, remove the lines on the top, remove the bolts, remove the head and gasket. Replace with new parts and bolts, torque bolts in a criss cross pattern. Clean soot out of lines and re-install. I think that is about it. And of course clean the top, I would think that you would want to bar the motor to get the piston at the top so debris does not fall in the cylinder.

Don't forget you need to re-torque all the torx screws that came in the new head. I have seen lots of compressor heads with improperly torqued screws, only to cause the head gasket or something else to fail. they are notorious for not being torqued properly from the supplier.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
If you're looking to rebuild compressor yourself here is the place you could find everything from shafts, bearings and pistons to compressor bodies... http://www.sandstruck.com
I hadn't time to do it so I bought a reman compressor for 700$ at this place : http://actiontrkparts.com
If you need a professional rebuild /test services for your injectors, pumps or turbo these guys know their job, not too expensive and have a fully equipped laboratory http://midwestfuelinjection.com
replyreply
(03-17-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(03-17-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-17-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  $400 is cheap insurance

Just dropped her off... Yes, Cheap insurance. One nice thing, the owner of the International dealer came out to see my truck, I showed him around, told him about the @m*m^2 and explained how WE do it... He then went in and grabbed the mechanic that will be working on it, old hand, certified Cummins, been there for years, and tells him come look at this truck...

We all talk, mechanic looks at truck, hood up, turns to me and grabs my hand... Tells me it will be a pleasure to work on my truck. Told me when he is finished, I will have a million mile truck. I was shaking when I handed my keys over, I left feeling much better, and thinking it was really nice that I will get a full Cummins warranty from the dealership, @m*m^2 or not.

Fingers crossed, and was invited back to check up on things.

Oh, why all the excitement? You can eat off of my motor and surrounding area, the owner of the dealership was very impressed and started telling me horror stories, LOL! My Baby is as clean as a whistle, and I thought the mechanic was going to cry! The undercarriage is just as nice, I was just under there. What would and should one expect from a guy that hangs out at Rawze.com? ;-)

New Zeland cummins upholds warranties on @m*m^2 engines too as long as oil and coolant shutdowns are left in place.

I had the owner of the dealership out there, and told him what little I know about you know... Rawze, he was God Damned IMPRESSED with YOUR work! He told me that he has never seen a you know like what you have accomplished. He went out there to inspect my motor wanting to look for plates, goofy turbo, missing EGR cooler, etc... He says he has seen them all... I explained how we do this in our driveways, and he was floored! I showed him the EGT temp sensor, told them it has never went over 550* F... Told them how the Turbo is set in regards to boost... EGR is still doing its thing, sensors are doing there thing, the plug in the venturi, the EGR valve, etc... He was REALLY impressed! Then he started telling me about the abortions that have come through his shop...

That is when he went and grabbed the mechanic... We went all through it again, along with some of what Unilevers told me to tell the mechanic in regards to the cam set up with the wedges... The mechanic was all in! That is when he grabbed my hand and said he will give me back a million mile truck!

Rawze, all I can say is thank you for doing what you do, and having the sauce to do it! I will never be able to repay you. Yes, I am dropping a chunk of change for the in frame, monies that I had to borrow from family... But if not for you and your website, I would be BANKRUPT and living under a bridge somewhere in Detroit.

Thanks man! ;-)

I'll be going on a year and half of my reman motor that has run @m*m^2 from new. Yesterday we were just checking a few things at the shop and couldn't believe how clean everything was still. The exhaust piping after the turbo you could wipe your finger along the inside and hardly pickup any soot, as well as all the intake piping and discharge off the turbo still clean as a whistle. Jealous that you got a shop that'll look after ya warranty wise! You got er made now buddy
replyreply
(03-19-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  debated doing the head kit and or replacing the compressor. And from what Cummins said, it stays on the motor. The head is held on with 5 or 6 bolts, remove the lines on the top, remove the bolts, remove the head and gasket. Replace with new parts and bolts, torque bolts in a criss cross pattern. Clean soot out of lines and re-install. I think that is about it. And of course clean the top, I would think that you would want to bar the motor to get the piston at the top so debris does not fall in the cylinder.
THANKS! Do they have to adjust compressor head to get correct timing along with what Rawze shows here?
UPDATED LINK https://youtu.be/8mHEUnHgKoI?t=2m45s
replyreply
(03-19-2016 )bazdan902 Wrote:  
(03-17-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-17-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  $400 is cheap insurance

Just dropped her off... Yes, Cheap insurance. One nice thing, the owner of the International dealer came out to see my truck, I showed him around, told him about the @m*m^2 and explained how WE do it... He then went in and grabbed the mechanic that will be working on it, old hand, certified Cummins, been there for years, and tells him come look at this truck...

We all talk, mechanic looks at truck, hood up, turns to me and grabs my hand... Tells me it will be a pleasure to work on my truck. Told me when he is finished, I will have a million mile truck. I was shaking when I handed my keys over, I left feeling much better, and thinking it was really nice that I will get a full Cummins warranty from the dealership, @m*m^2 or not.

Fingers crossed, and was invited back to check up on things.

Oh, why all the excitement? You can eat off of my motor and surrounding area, the owner of the dealership was very impressed and started telling me horror stories, LOL! My Baby is as clean as a whistle, and I thought the mechanic was going to cry! The undercarriage is just as nice, I was just under there. What would and should one expect from a guy that hangs out at Rawze.com? ;-)

New Zeland cummins upholds warranties on @m*m^2 engines too as long as oil and coolant shutdowns are left in place.

I had the owner of the dealership out there, and told him what little I know about you know... Rawze, he was God Damned IMPRESSED with YOUR work! He told me that he has never seen a you know like what you have accomplished. He went out there to inspect my motor wanting to look for plates, goofy turbo, missing EGR cooler, etc... He says he has seen them all... I explained how we do this in our driveways, and he was floored! I showed him the EGT temp sensor, told them it has never went over 550* F... Told them how the Turbo is set in regards to boost... EGR is still doing its thing, sensors are doing there thing, the plug in the venturi, the EGR valve, etc... He was REALLY impressed! Then he started telling me about the abortions that have come through his shop...

That is when he went and grabbed the mechanic... We went all through it again, along with some of what Unilevers told me to tell the mechanic in regards to the cam set up with the wedges... The mechanic was all in! That is when he grabbed my hand and said he will give me back a million mile truck!

Rawze, all I can say is thank you for doing what you do, and having the sauce to do it! I will never be able to repay you. Yes, I am dropping a chunk of change for the in frame, monies that I had to borrow from family... But if not for you and your website, I would be BANKRUPT and living under a bridge somewhere in Detroit.

Thanks man! ;-)

I'll be going on a year and half of my reman motor that has run @m*m^2 from new. Yesterday we were just checking a few things at the shop and couldn't believe how clean everything was still. The exhaust piping after the turbo you could wipe your finger along the inside and hardly pickup any soot, as well as all the intake piping and discharge off the turbo still clean as a whistle. Jealous that you got a shop that'll look after ya warranty wise! You got er made now buddy

Oh I hope and pray that everything goes right on this rebuild! When the owner of the dealership asked me what I had done, in regards to the @m*m^2... I told him I blocked the Venturi, and some computer work in MY driveway... He about fell over! He was expecting a plated up mess, no EGR Cooler, some goofy ass Turbo, holes drilled into the block (He has seen that too), and God only knows what else... Like I said earlier, I took him out to see the truck and lifted the hood... He could not believe what he saw... A factory motor. LOL! A very clean factory motor, that you can eat off of. I get a one year and two year warranty on various things they are doing, I'm happy, and he was impressed!
replyreply
(03-19-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  
(03-19-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  debated doing the head kit and or replacing the compressor. And from what Cummins said, it stays on the motor. The head is held on with 5 or 6 bolts, remove the lines on the top, remove the bolts, remove the head and gasket. Replace with new parts and bolts, torque bolts in a criss cross pattern. Clean soot out of lines and re-install. I think that is about it. And of course clean the top, I would think that you would want to bar the motor to get the piston at the top so debris does not fall in the cylinder.
THANKS! Do they have to adjust compressor head to get correct timing along with what Rawze shows here?

As far as I know, NO. The compressor is not removed, so no need to mess with the timing.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.