Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-29-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-29-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Keep the updates comming Waterloo .. this is a very interesting saga you got going on here. Makes me want to g out and look for more things wrong with my own truck lol.

We are finding all sorts of little things, things that will put the truck out of service and stranded. That is why my bill is so high...
replyreply
You're better off doing it now, instead it of nickel and dime'n you every week.
Maube you can just drive it, what a concept!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(03-29-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  You're better off doing it now, instead it of nickel and dime'n you every week.
Maube you can just drive it, what a concept!

Ain't that the truth, "Just drive it"! I think when we are trough, there is not going to be that many old parts on her from the radiator back to the tail end of my driveshaft. Allot of this stuff is not visible until you get the truck torn down. If I had six more months on that Transmission cooler I would consider myself lucky. A stone in the right place would have taken it out. The lines looked tired too... Right now I have told them if you see something write it down and let me see it and we will go from there. So far they have found more than a few things... We are replacing as we go. Yes, it is adding up, but much better finding it now and taking care of it while everything is apart and in the air.
replyreply
04-01-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
I would replace the front gear housing. Its around 500$ and all ours fail around 500,000 miles. They are aluminum and the block steel so the different heat transferring of the two wear them out. With the head off and gears out it takes about 30 mins to replace.
replyreply
04-01-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
(04-01-2016 )jorden486 Wrote:  I would replace the front gear housing. Its around 500$ and all ours fail around 500,000 miles. They are aluminum and the block steel so the different heat transferring of the two wear them out. With the head off and gears out it takes about 30 mins to replace.

Really? I was just up there and was looking at it, it looked fine. I'll be up there Monday and take another look at it... But right now, if it is non mechanical and passes visual inspection it is staying put. But I will look. This thing is out of the park right now with all of the new parts... I'm starting to suck air financially.
replyreply
04-02-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
Here she is from yesterday, 4/1... Most all of the parts are here, except some parts are on back order, like the head and one cam... Not what I wanted to hear.

replyreply
04-04-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
Well, called the dealer this morning... CM-871 head and injector cam are on back order... They think they found a Head and it may ship tomorrow, no clue on the cam, hopefully by end of this week... Scratch that, I found the cams and called the dealer... One of each up the road... Got to do all the damn work yourself anymore!
replyreply
(04-04-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, called the dealer this morning... CM-871 head and injector cam are on back order... They think they found a Head and it may ship tomorrow, no clue on the cam, hopefully by end of this week... Scratch that, I found the cams and called the dealer... One of each up the road... Got to do all the damn work yourself anymore!

You might have done it already but that hub on the fan pulley looks probably needs a bearing kit done. just saying
replyreply
(04-04-2016 )mkmac Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, called the dealer this morning... CM-871 head and injector cam are on back order... They think they found a Head and it may ship tomorrow, no clue on the cam, hopefully by end of this week... Scratch that, I found the cams and called the dealer... One of each up the road... Got to do all the damn work yourself anymore!

You might have done it already but that hub on the fan pulley looks probably needs a bearing kit done. just saying

I asked about that too... That hub ain't cheap, and right now I'm about tapped... Not having any issues with it, and plan on fixing it here in the driveway soon... Need to get on the road and making some money.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.