Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
04-04-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
Why is there paint on so many sealing surfaces and no oil cooler plugs fitted?
replyreply
(04-04-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  Why is there paint on so many sealing surfaces and no oil cooler plugs fitted?

Nice catch! Food for thought! Ehhh....
replyreply
I went up to the shop today and pointed out his paint work... Jaime told me he has a grinding wheel and will grind it off... ;-)
replyreply
04-05-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
It looks like he's just trying to give it a really good paint as he goes, but he could've done some masking.
replyreply
04-06-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
Looking at the picture I don't see the plastic plug that cover the oil passages that go to the main bearings
replyreply
(04-05-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  It looks like he's just trying to give it a really good paint as he goes, but he could've done some masking.

I asked him about the paint, "Don't worry, it will clean up, there will be no paint where it does not belong". All I can do is take his word for it... He has dozens of these under his belt, so I am told, and he is the only one touching this motor as per the owner of the dealership. I can walk in unannounced and head right back to the shop no questions. Jaime has yet to not answer any of my concerns and drops everything to talk. Rest of the parts are supposed to be here today, Head and cams, which up here are near impossible to find, as I have called around... No heads, two valve cams and one injector cam in Michigan, Indiana and North Central Ohio... Head is coming out of the factory in Indiana, new head, not a reman.

I have been so stressed out over all of this, I think I am going to check myself in to the Hospital to look at my ticker... Not been feeling well with all of this going on. The parts delay was really a kick in the shins. With all of the work left to do on the truck, I think I am still ten days out from getting her back.
replyreply
Don't let the stress get you down i have done motors with people and watched it many times. I also suffer from stomach problems from stress i have to take meds for my stomach it will put you in the bed trust me. All that acid runs threw your blood and gets your bodies ph off and it's tough it effects everything.
replyreply
955,000 miles -- started mine today. making video series out of it.

= injector leak test revealed that I got to replace 3 injectors. I will replace the other 3 in a few months.

= pressure testing the coolant system tonite, no leaks found so far, egr cooler and all.

= dropped the oil pan and found it will not come off until part of the air suspension front end is removed.

= got a look at crank and liners and everything from the bottom although the pan will not come off yet, and it looks like an engine with only 200k miles on it. You can hardly even tell where the pistons go up and down insied the sleeves. Crank still has bluish tine to it from when it was made and looks brand new. -- Now who was it that said a gallon of gear oil was bad for an enigne? m--- So far, I only see good things, but pulling it down will tell for sure.

= LOL, I waited until my enigne had 22,000 miles on the oil so that it at least looked a bit dark for the video,.. but it still looks kinda new. no blackness anywhere in that engine so far.

=============

We got a student form the local truck school over to help do the job and to learn about ISX engines too. -- Everyone wins.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-07-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
(04-04-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 )mkmac Wrote:  
(04-04-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, called the dealer this morning... CM-871 head and injector cam are on back order... They think they found a Head and it may ship tomorrow, no clue on the cam, hopefully by end of this week... Scratch that, I found the cams and called the dealer... One of each up the road... Got to do all the damn work yourself anymore!

You might have done it already but that hub on the fan pulley looks probably needs a bearing kit done. just saying

I asked about that too... That hub ain't cheap, and right now I'm about tapped... Not having any issues with it, and plan on fixing it here in the driveway soon... Need to get on the road and making some money.

You don't have to change the hub just the bearings cummins has a kit it was under a hundred dollars but you can go to your local bearing supplier for probably under twenty,it's an easy job.....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.