Oil analysis question?
05-10-2017, (Subject: Oil analysis question? ) 
Oil analysis question?
Hi Rawze.com nation:)!
Yesterday received my oil test result from Blackstone lab and I am suspecting the accuracy on the test based on the mileage on my oil.That's why i decide to share the result here and get some opinion.What numbers you guys getting from this lab on cummins cm 2250/2350. if any buddy?
What you thing about Blackstone Lab?
All my previous oil test are done at speedco and they has different numbers at all.
Thank you!

.pdf  OIL Test_1002-170506-1.pdf (Size: 86.35 KB / Downloads: 349)
replyreply
RE: Oil analysis question?
(05-10-2017 )mmssvv Wrote:  Hi Rawze.com nation:)!
Yesterday received my oil test result from Blackstone lab and I am suspecting the accuracy on the test based on the mileage on my oil.That's why i decide to share the result here and get some opinion.What numbers you guys getting from this lab on cummins cm 2250/2350. if any buddy?
What you thing about Blackstone Lab?
All my previous oil test are done at speedco and they has different numbers at all.
Thank you!

41,000 miles on the oil? -- THAT IS NOT GOOD!. DO NOT GO THAT LONG BETWEEN OIL CHANGES!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mmssvv
Most Speedco tests are worthless. They rarely clean or calibrate their machine. Just keep putting oil in them. Your sample may have a little of the last guys and a little fresh oil they ran through it. I've heard good things about Blackstone.

I agree with Rawze. Way to many miles on oil. The last company truck I drove went 45k and I hated it. Fresh grease and oil will save you lots of money in the long run
replyreply
05-11-2017, (Subject: Oil analysis question? ) 
I could not understand the analysis. Am I missing something? -- For example: It says the iron was 14.

14 WHAT? ...

For all I know, that could be 14 idiots floating in the swimming pool next door to the place. -- I HATE OBSCURE OIL ANALYSIS REPORTS!.

--- There is no indication in that oil sample of WHAT values the numbers represent. It can only be assumed that it is PPM?

It would be nice to have it stated on the report, or am I missing something.
=============

AND FOR ANYONE TO TELL YOU YOU COULD HAVE GONE LONGER ON THAT OIL ---- HAS TO BE AN IDIOT!!!!--- A COMPLETE IDIOT!

Just my own opinion, no one has to agree.

I would not be so quick to use an oil sampling company that would make such a BULLS#IT claim! --- And people praise these guys? --- C'MON! -- I see a serious red flag here with that statement.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
How long you run oil is your choice. The lab response is obviously along the line of extended oil changes. I go 18,000, and that's with a bypass filter.
One thing about Blackstone is they charge $10 extra if you want a soot measurement.
Going that long between drains, you should definitely know what the soot level is. That's what's eating up your engine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mmssvv , Toolguy
What company does the best in eveyones opinion ?I used OPS now twice and not sure how good they are or is amsoil any better?

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
5w40 at a 40k mi intervals? I'm surprised it has cams and bearings in it still. Must be runnin Lucas, Lol :big_smile2:
replyreply
05-12-2017, (Subject: Oil analysis question? ) 
I use cat oil analysis it's about 16 bucks or so. But they give you soot measurements and metals and if there's any antifreeze present. They also keep a data base of your truck and you can track what's going on with it. I'm pretty happy with it. I just need to know what are the acceptable levels of metals in the oil just like raw se said lol
replyreply
05-12-2017, (Subject: Oil analysis question? ) 
(05-12-2017 )Rex012 Wrote:  I use cat oil analysis it's about 16 bucks or so. But they give you soot measurements and metals and if there's any antifreeze present. They also keep a data base of your truck and you can track what's going on with it. I'm pretty happy with it. I just need to know what are the acceptable levels of metals in the oil just like raw se said lol

HAH, I just noticed that, thanks for pointing that out. I would not run Valvoline in my engine. Valvoline oil is known to have a shorter lifespan for addatives than other brands. Even if this were not the case, 5-40 is too thin if you ask me.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: mmssvv , scottydogtruck , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.