Oil analysis question?
05-23-2017, (Subject: Oil analysis question? ) 
RE: Oil analysis question?
(05-22-2017 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Fun facts about oils.
http://www.motoroiltests.com/diesel-oil-...SN98oEpCEc

I have found out that the website you are linking there is a marketed copy-cat site. Here is the origional...
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/

You know its funny how they ranked Delo above rotella on that copy-cat site, but every time I have tried to use delo, my oil turns dark quicker. I'll stick to what got my engine its first million miles with almost no wear (the rotella + 1 gal of gear lube mix),.. I think that is good enough for the price and ease of places I can get it from. No sense for me to waste time continuing to research something that clearly works with positive results for me and about 1,000 others that are doing the same oil+gear lube truck. Maybe someone should tell the guy to rank rotella + 13% 85-140 supertech gl-5 (or sta-lube gl-4) gear lube mix and put it on his list.

I didn't choose those particular brands, etc. for any reason other than easy to get anywhere, and looking at wanting to get my zinc levels close to about 1400-1500 or so + raising viscosity and hydraulic pressure ratings a bit. This was only because I thought something straight form any of those bottles on their own was not quite what I wanted to see in my engine.

It turns out that roughly 12-13% is the mix ratio that ends up in the engine after a few oil changes due to residuals. Nothing wrong with that.

I would also NEVER EVER use that royal purple in my truck. It just simply way-over priced garbage with no extra benefit to justify such costs. It also has some F$%^d up additives form what i have read like bleaching agents that cause damage over time but who knows for sure.

Whole website looks too well sponsored for those opinions to be honest if you ask me. I can't tell you how many e-mails I have deleted and ignored from companies trying to get me to talk good about their junk, or place adds for stuff in my posts. I'd rather be honest and poor, than a crooked, scamming bastard any day of the week. People and companies who sponsor and promote products will find no sympathy or mercy from me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil analysis question? - Rawze - 05-23-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.