Exhaust pressure
03-13-2016, (Subject: Exhaust pressure ) 
Exhaust pressure
Hey guys I have a 2013 kenworth with a CM2250 that I've been having a nightmare with. I was wondering how high should my exhaust pressure go. I've attached a picture showing what I'm getting it says 102.46 InHg.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201603/post_1839_1457888177_8a80d0c50be7b92f84f97ffb6ada4a2f.jpeg
replyreply
RE: Exhaust pressure
102 inHG = roughly 35 PSI?

Is this at idle? - if so, something is very wrong.

It should be 32~ish. (about 15 PSI).

is the emissions systems still intact? - or has the "mandate" been removed.

custom or stock tuning?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Everything is still intact with factory cal
replyreply
So here is the full story. Bought this truck with about 270k KM on it, whatever that is in miles. Had no power, but then I wondered if it was because its only a 500hp 1650 torque, so I kept trucking with trying to figure out how it was doing for fuel economy I was get 25psi for boost pressure. Then I noticed I was adding coolant and then more coolant, with no signs of external leak. I have warranty so I took it to kenworth and tell them to check my EGR cooler because I'm pretty sure it's leaking, they put the camera in and what they saw was ugly (pics attached) they replaced the cooler, said they clean the pipe and I've seen where the replace exhaust pressure sensor and the tube. They fired it up set it to do a force regen and said I can come pick it up, when I got there they said I have a another problem during the regen my turbo was making some wierd noise, (chuffing) I think the guy said. The next day they checked the turbo and said the sector shaft was hanging up so they replace it with a reman, I picked up the and I bought a imap sensor and the two temp sensor. Replace those and my truck is stilling like shi#t, hooked up to insite and drove it under load and the accelerator lever position and percent load doesn't go pass 78% but if I use the cruse it loads to 100% but I can't get it to load when I'm driving with the pedal.
Don't mind the typo I'm using my phone to post this
replyreply
Pic of my EGR cooler

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201603/post_1839_1457895123_4088821a8febdf5db4269c8d6752b7e8.jpeg
replyreply
(03-13-2016 )BlackiceT800 Wrote:  Pic of my EGR cooler

i guess is DOC face looks pretty same?
replyreply
03-14-2016, (Subject: Exhaust pressure ) 
Pic or not, Did they Pressure test the coolant system to see if the EGR cooler was actually leaking before replacing it? - to find the actual coolant loss issue? -- then After?

It sounds like they did a typical dealer half-assed job.

Did they inspect the DOC and DPF for face plugging or coolant intrusion?

did they clean the Doser injector and inspect it for leakage?

Did they clean out the tubes for the Delta-P sensor and replace the sensor?

Turbo "chuffing" as its called is common on those engines especially if there is some back-pressure in the exhaust system. There are some calibration updates to help with it, so did they update the software?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I gave up trying to fight with mine and wasting money. had the "mandate" taken care of. now truck just runs and makes me money. Thank you those who helped me on here.
replyreply
(03-14-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Pic or not, Did they Pressure test the coolant system to see if the EGR cooler was actually leaking before replacing it? - to find the actual coolant loss issue? -- then After?

It sounds like they did a typical dealer half-assed job.

Did they inspect the DOC and DPF for face plugging or coolant intrusion?

did they clean the Doser injector and inspect it for leakage?

Did they clean out the tubes for the Delta-P sensor and replace the sensor?

Turbo "chuffing" as its called is common on those engines especially if there is some back-pressure in the exhaust system. There are some calibration updates to help with it, so did they update the software?

They didn't do anything of those things Rawze. The guy said they didn't see any trace of coolant in the exhaust when they removed the turbo so they didn't bother to check the DPF. They said they updated the software with newest one from Cummins but that didn't help the turbo chuffing.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.