ISX, Oil check procedure?
05-20-2017, (Subject: ISX, Oil check procedure? ) 
RE: ISX, Oil check procedure?
KTbtrucking: I do not prefill the oil filter at all, I also put the fuel filter on bone dry, 1 60 second prime cycle and she starts up with no stammering.

Signature620: I agree, that's why I always do it my self if possible. I don't know about the dipstick being out of cal. It is the original from the factory so I would hope not but who knows anymore.... As far as the published capacity for anything. I would say you should never, ever start with that amount, but rather work up to it. If I would have let him add a gallon, we would have been at 46qts.

I owned a Buell motorcycle some years back with a souped up HD sportster motor. In reference to checking the engine oil, the manual said: do not check cold, warm bike up to normal operating temp, shut off, lean bike on kickstand on level ground, remove the dipstick, wipe it off, an set it back in the oil reservoir, do not screw it in when checking oil, allow 2-5 minutes for oil level to stabilize before taking a reading.

Now that is what I would like to hear from Cummins!!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ktbtrucking

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX, Oil check procedure? - JMBT - 05-20-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.