Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please
05-19-2017, (Subject: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please ) 
RE: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please
I'm not sure what your particular set up is but i measure both manifold temp(clamped on like Rawze shows in his guage install video) and post turbo inside exhaust pipe. A cm870 with hx60 turbo and member tuned to around 675 at the wheels I believe and even running fully loaded up a 20 mile incline running hard(65-70) I have never seen outside manifold temp that high.. I think I hit 750 possibly on the manifold in 92 degree temps and ac on today but that's ma and would have only been for a moment or two before it starts dropping again.
It's my experience that temps that high would be caused by a boost leak or air restriction somewhere but to your question i don't think by the numbers that you posted that you need to worry about heat staying inside the cylinders but should concentrate more on keeping the heat soak down...

I'm sure there are others on here that are more knowledgable in this particular area but I hope this helps you get the answer you are looking for
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please - Pete379 - 05-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.