Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please
05-19-2017, (Subject: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please ) 
RE: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please
(05-19-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  ...
I have also seen on posts where it was stated that in a high torque application, if manifold temp is too low too much heat may be staying in cylinders, and damaging them??

You have comepletely mis-understood something there very badly!

===

What you have read was a discussion on what a custom tuner would look for when testing a truck -- AND HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU LOOK FOR WHILE DRIVING IT!!!

if someone is adjusting parameters like boost, timing, fueling, etc... and they see too low of exhaust temps when its making 600-hp output,.. that is a bad sign of possible detonation.

---

How you drive the truck and where you keep your pyro temps during a hill climb if it has been set correctly has nothing whatsoever do do with that conversation !!!!!!

========

For driving it ---- Always keep pyro and boost as low as necessary to perform the task at hand with whatever method you have come up with. It is as simple at that. So, whatever trick or method you use, the lower the overall pyro temps and boost pressure you can maintain while performing a task, the less energy you are using and the more efficient the operation is. It has nothing whatsoever to do with pressing your foot down harder to make your pyro go up because it makes you feel better. -- Less temps and less boost = less strain on the equipment !!!! -- Energy in = energy out, and the higher you keep temps and boost etc... The more strain on your engine while driving it! --- It is as simple as that!!!

Don't try to over-complicate things. --- Your brain has somehow confused tuning discussions with driving habits. You have cross-wired some tuning info with how you are trying to drive it and that is incorrect. It is like trying to take someone's conversation about apples and apply it to potatoes! -- separate the 2 and it becomes more clear.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , hhow55 , dhirocz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please - Rawze - 05-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.