Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please
05-20-2017, (Subject: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please ) 
RE: Exhaust manifold temperature...clarification please
Rawze, you have seen my truck and it's condition at the miles it has and you have seen my EC-M history, so you KNOW, I don't do any super trucking either! Nearly every mile on my truck has been logged at 1450 rpm and 62 mph! I just got confused and a little worried when I read about the damage caused if temps are to low, and I misunderstood that was only information for use in tuning, that's all. It is all Easy-peasy- lemon squeezey, now that I know that one extra piece of info I was missing!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(05-20-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Rawze, you have seen my truck and it's condition at the miles it has and you have seen my EC-M history, so you KNOW, I don't do any super trucking either! Nearly every mile on my truck has been logged at 1450 rpm and 62 mph! I just got confused and a little worried when I read about the damage caused if temps are to low, and I misunderstood that was only information for use in tuning, that's all. It is all Easy-peasy- lemon squeezey, now that I know that one extra piece of info I was missing!

The trouble with your truck is that it is very heavy even bobtail. You should expect slightly higher temps on the pyro because of this alone. Now combine that crappy Detroit CAC after-market unit with its crappy welds, the fact that it is a volvo with terrible air-flow around the engine and smaller sized intake and exhaust piping. It all adds up quickly, so just drive it the best you can.

The factory Volvo CAC unit fins ...

Detroit Radiator CAC fins on his truck, no one has touched it ...

The spacing and number of channels is similar but it looks like the Detroit radiator cac unit has some restriction and is of poor quality if you ask me. Looking at the photos side by side like that, it is clear which one has the better air flow. The Detroit Rad looks as if they are using some type of dense water-based radiator fins, instead of the less-restrictive air fins, and a bit of poor workmanship of bent ends, etc. is there too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , fargonaz , Waterloo , hhow55
Yes, Sir you are right on all counts there. I was wondering if you had forgotten about those pics. I was going to start another thread about the Detroit CAC and see if you could post them to show others that may be contemplating a Detroit PowerCrap! I know I will never buy another one, 10yr warranty or not! I may still pull this one and go back to OEM when I can part with the extra $$.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(05-20-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Yes, Sir you are right on all counts there. I was wondering if you had forgotten about those pics. I was going to start another thread about the Detroit CAC and see if you could post them to show others that may be contemplating a Detroit PowerCrap! I know I will never buy another one, 10yr warranty or not! I may still pull this one and go back to OEM when I can part with the extra $$.

Actually, I was waiting to post about it until you had some miles on it. See if it was slightly worse, or really bad. From what you have seen so far, it is only slightly worse.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Gotcha.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.