New vibration damper?
05-21-2017, (Subject: New vibration damper? ) 
New vibration damper?
Am I seeing this right? I started pulling a parts list to get prices to do a bearing roll, vibration damper, and update/shim the oil pump soon.. Are they now using dual dampers?    
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
RE: New vibration damper?
That's a new one on me. Mine was a single damper, reused the pulley... CM-871... Bought OEM damper direct from Cummins.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099
(05-21-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  That's a new one on me. Mine was a single damper, reused the pulley... CM-871... Bought OEM damper direct from Cummins.
Revision date of Mar 29, 2017.. The revision in July of 2015 looks just like everything else..

replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Waterloo
(05-21-2017 )LRT1549 Wrote:  My Quickserve only shows the one.
Which ISX LRT? Mines a 2250. Here's the part # on quickserve.    After clicking part # I come to this page,
actually 2 pages.        The most recent revision is the pic in my first post..
replyreply
Very odd, I just looked mine up on quickserve too, 2250, P/N 4101884 shows one like normal, click the number and the latest revision is just like the first pic Squish099 posted. Two?
Squish099: Please let us know what they give you when you go to get the parts. I am going to be replacing mine in the next couple months as well and it would be good to have the heads up.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(05-21-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Very odd, I just looked mine up on quickserve too, 2250, P/N 4101884 shows one like normal, click the number and the latest revision is just like the first pic Squish099 posted. Two?
Squish099: Please let us know what they give you when you go to get the parts. I am going to be replacing mine in the next couple months as well and it would be good to have the heads up.

Was just collecting part numbers to put pricing together.. I'm @ 445xxx was going to start collecting parts, so I could do everything @ once and minimize down time.. Thought it was odd when I pulled the diagram..
replyreply
I have seen some marine and generator engines have 2 dampers on them. I doubt it is an update for a highway truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Squish099
05-23-2017, (Subject: New vibration damper? ) 
When you click on the manual in the service section note that it states both ISX & QSX. The dual damper option is for QSX industrial engines.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Squish099 , JMBT
05-23-2017, (Subject: New vibration damper? ) 
(05-23-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  When you click on the manual in the service section note that it states both ISX & QSX. The dual damper option is for QSX industrial engines.

What's the flow through the manual where you found that? I can't find any mention of it on quickserve.. The damper screen shot is the part # pulled by my esn.. Does cummins not separate the isx parts from the qsx parts based on esn?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.