Ism running warm
06-08-2017, (Subject: Ism running warm ) 
RE: Ism running warm
(06-07-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  Lol sorry.....

On the egr cooler there is an exhaust entrance and exit at both ends.

I made a plug for the exit ,and one for the entrance but with a air valve so I could enter air into it and pressurize the egr itself. Again only were the exhaust enters and exits.

There is 2 bigger hoses that come off the egr and 2 smaller threaded nipples .

I put into a bucket of water

When pressurized (like I'm testing to see if the exhaust was leaking) it will leak air bubbles out were the coolant lines are on the egr, If you put your ear up to the the coolant lines on the egr u can also hear the air leaking through .

So what I'm saying is the when the exhaust is passing through the egr it has to be leaking gases into the coolant because when the exhaust is pressurized with a plug at either end air comes into the coolant passages.

I'm just asking if this would cause my motor to run hot. ?

Sorry for any confusion.

It can do a lot more then make the engine run hot. Coolant will get into the engine intake and eventually into the oil and destroy the bearings and everything else.

As gas gets into the coolant system, it will create pockets of air through the engine block and other components. It and make the engine overheat and/or run hot and even possibly cause it to destroy itself, crack the engine block, warp liners or other components, and make for a really bad day.

Don't say you weren't warned. Any kind of coolant intrusion into an engine is VERY bad. and any kind of gas or air buildup in ANY ENGINES cooling system is very bad!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000 , Waterloo
06-08-2017, (Subject: Ism running warm ) 
(06-07-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  I made a plug for the exit ,and one for the entrance but with a air valve so I could enter air into it and pressurize the egr itself. Again only were the exhaust enters and exits.
and
I put into a bucket of water

Aha! Now with details, I understand.
So you removed the cooler, and properly tested it.
Rawze has already answered.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000
06-13-2017, (Subject: Ism running warm ) 
Replaced egr cooler, ran little cooler but under load got hot. Guy said he cleaned rad ,cac etc before I bought truck.

It looked clean, could blow water through rad fins.

I decided to take the condenser off cause it goes in front of the cac. And evidently when he said he cleaned he didn't take apart to clean cause the cac was 75% full of bean dust.

Cleaned cac and rad the best I could without taking whole front end apart., put back together and now runs 205 max , and it was 96 degrees out side today.

Anyways just thought i would share an update
replyreply
06-13-2017, (Subject: Ism running warm ) 
I don't have an ISM, but I would bet you are slowly cooking the motor like Rawze stated, 205 is to hot in my book, I would think you should be around 180 or there about, even in 96* heat, I think you have issues...
{shop name removed. no longer recommended}

I would take the truck to him and fix it properly. He is {shop name removed. no longer recommended}
replyreply
06-14-2017, (Subject: Ism running warm ) 
It's a 9200i day cab ism 370 horse with no roof fairing pulling van trailers into the wind. ....it hits 205 pulling hills, fan kicks on and cools down. Runs around 190 ish running the flats .

I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe it is though
replyreply
06-14-2017, (Subject: Ism running warm ) 
I would at least call Gearhead and see what he says. When you start messing with these trucks that have had the mandate removed without knowing what was done, you really run quite a bit of risk of melting your motor. God knows there are plenty of stories here where that is exactly what happened.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.