Air coming out of trans beather
05-24-2017, (Subject: Air coming out of trans beather ) 
Air coming out of trans beather
So I got a RTLO 16913A which leaks air out the breather when black switch is flipped to the hi range, I had just changed the range cylinder o-rings with no luck. No change in sound when red switch is flipped low or hi, and does not leak air when black switch is in low range.
replyreply
05-25-2017, (Subject: Air coming out of trans beather ) 
RE: Air coming out of trans beather
TBH I bet you didnt change the oring in the HI/LOW housing. Whe you remove the piston you slide the housing out and the is a oring on the shaft. When that one goes out it will leak air out on the one side...
replyreply
So is there 3 orings? two on the piston and one on the housing? Unless there's a 4th one? The cylinder housing on mine would not come out of the trans like it is hooked onto the fork?
replyreply
You would be right on yours the housing does not come out. Kind of crazy but the is another oring in there.
http://www.inforanger.roadranger.com/ind...oupID=1417

you will see #6 is the one that will leak. If it was a RTO it would come out but on the one you have you will have to remove the back box. :-(
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
Yup I managed to get that one then crap I'm stumped.
edit: fixed green hose ended up rubbing against the breather housing spliced and put new fitting no more leak
replyreply
Wow. I just did this exact thing with the same transmission. Different problem. I couldn't get that housing out, either. I found out why later.
replyreply
05-26-2017, (Subject: Air coming out of trans beather ) 
Just out of curiosity can the range housing be modified to be removable without compromising the integrity of the housing or travel of the shaft and fork?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.