Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
05-26-2017, (Subject: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) ) 
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
(05-26-2017 )Makmak Wrote:  A coolant system pressure test meaning drop the oil pan and look for leakage?

If you check and eliminate the EGR cooler as the source, then yes you may have to drop the pan. I'd check the easy stuff (EGR cooler) first.
Drop the pan, and the block stifner plate and pressurize the cooling system, probably overnight to find or eliminate. If in the morning you have coolant leaking down the inside of the liner wall (where the piston is), you most likely have a blown head gasket or a cracked head. If it's leaking down the outside of the liner wall, you have liner, o-ring, or block issues.
If this still does not expose the issue, then it may be one of the more rare and harder to find options, ie; compressor, turbo, or oil cooler.
You know it's in the oil because of the sample, so I'd check in this order myself
1)EGR cooler
2)drop oil pan and check liners (head gasket, cracked head, liner issue)
3)oil cooler (I don't believe you can verify this without removal)
4)turbo (only because you have to remove to check the oil cooler)
5)air compressor (I'd suggest this is more likely than the turbo)
Note, this is in order of simplicity to difficulty

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Makmak

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) - Hammerhead - 05-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.