Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
05-28-2017, (Subject: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) ) 
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
Here is a comparison of your sample to my last one,
.pdf  Book.pdf (Size: 121.62 KB / Downloads: 210) I see a few things that concern me but they are possible side effects of the coolant contamination. I see 18000 as the "Meter on Fluid" and assume Toromont being Canadian, that this is km's. Mine is 13000km's, and a 19000km sample is almost identical.
Lead, copper, iron, magnesium, & moly are all a fair amount higher than my sample. These are wear metals, and this would concern me. I'd definitely do a valve cover removal and personal inspection of the cams and rocker assy's.
Copper is bearings. Iron, magnesium, & moly are ingredients in high tech composite metals used in modern engines to make lightweight strong alloys.
I have suspicions that something is not right in this engine, and since you are negotiating to purchase this unit I will not lie to you. I am concerned.

From this point;
1)Rocker cover removal, personal inspection only.
2)Cooling system overnight pressure test with oil pan and stiffener plate removed. Personally inspection only in the morning!
3)Remove and inspect at least one rod bearing and crank journal, personally.
4)Remove and inspect at least one main bearing and crank, personally.
5)A complete ECM download, and analysis from a third non-related party.
6)None of the above negotiable. Not agreed to, I walk away.

Sorry if this seems overkill or brutal. I don't know you, and I don't know the seller, so I have no dog in the fight, just looking out for someone willing to ask the hard questions. If this was my truck, and you were looking to purchase, and you brought me this Sample and legitimate concern, I'd help you disassemble and inspect.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) - Hammerhead - 05-28-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.