Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
06-01-2017, (Subject: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) ) 
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis)
(05-31-2017 )Makmak Wrote:  The owner wants to lower the price of the truck by $5000 and I take it to my mechanic of choice to have all injector cups replaced. I'm not liking this deal !!!

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Suggestion, for only a CA$5,000.00 reduction because of this finding; Walk Away!

I wouldn't replace the injector cups, I'd just replace the head. A while back Unilevers mentioned something about the cups being "finicky" to replace and few places actually get it right. Also, with the mileage you stated on that engine the head is due for replacement anyhow.
If the injector cups have been leaking for a while chances are some of, or all the liners will be glazed st worst, or service life shortened at very best. Depending on the quantity and duration of coolant intrusion, I would expect this will have a very high likelihood of ending up being a complete inframe.

If this becomes an inframe, and you are still interested in purchasing the truck, be adamant that the liner protrusion is set at 0.014" and that the head torquing procedure be "torque head bolts to 300 ft/lbs following procedure pattern, WAIT 24hrs THEN RE-TORQUE TO 300 ft/lbs, and then plus additional 90* rotation on head bolts." This will ensure that you should not have liner issues with that motor. If they won't agree to do it this way, then I'd be skeptical of the job.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Makmak

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant in oil (Oil analysis) - Hammerhead - 06-01-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.