Prostar ac
08-18-2020, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
RE: Prostar ac
just an update on my A/C project...

After a couple years of running my A/C on this Arduino the only issue with the Arduino itself so far is that the relay that turns on/off my compressor has burned out 2 times now. - I suppose it cannot quite handle the amperage of the on/off of the A/C clutch so well and the contacts wear out over time. I switched over to using this 30Amp relay module for the A/C clutch and so far, so good...

https://amzn.to/3aBT7Pb

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-06-2020, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Need some advice on flushing AC System. I tore apart the system today, and it has the dye through out the system.
replyreply
09-06-2020, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
(09-06-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  Need some advice on flushing AC System. I tore apart the system today, and it has the dye through out the system.

just re-fill it with r134 that has no die/stop-leak (garbage) at all. Walmart sells cans of it that are not full of that crap.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman
09-07-2020, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
If Walmart doesn't have it, strangely enough home depot was the next cheapest place that I found has plain freon. After that Amazon sells 12 packs of cans for a decent price. Johnsons I think its called. The most expensive places by far are the standard auto parts stores (Napa, auto zone, pep boys etc....)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , 74bassman
01-16-2021, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
I think I found the easiest way to repair the AC problems. First of all put in only 2.50lb of refrigerant, not more not less, trust me it works for a half a year already no issues. Second - use a heat shrink tube to secure those thermistors, I found them being too loose and the best way to prevent them from moving is to use a shrink tube (see attached picture)
./uploads/202101/post_1795_1610830821_324993ba31f8e4595d641b0f25f0a309.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Why didn't you pull the wires out of the loom
and shorten them to come back out of the loom directly in to the thermistor? It seems that dirt will go in to the open back of the heat shrink where the wires hang down.
replyreply
(01-16-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Why didn't you pull the wires out of the loom
and shorten them to come back out of the loom directly in to the thermistor? It seems that dirt will go in to the open back of the heat shrink where the wires hang down.

not an issue
replyreply
I guess i should've elaborated more. I imagine that if dirt and dust would build up in there, then moisture will build up. Then you may aquire new problems. Also if you line the wires up to go directly in to the thermistor and shrink the tubing i would imagine it would give even more stability.

Just some thoughts on what I see. I don't own a truck that has these things so I'm just guessing.
replyreply
I know of 2 people now that ...

A- Took the old thermisters
B- Gutted them so that only the outer shells that screw in remain.
C- Re-installed the empty shells into the system.
D- Got new thermisters, applied some heat sink grease to the tips, and simply slipped them into the gutted out shells.

E- Re-charged the system.

No more having to drain the system to replace thermisters.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.