Prostar ac
06-16-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
RE: Prostar ac
Now it has quit all together
replyreply
06-22-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Replaced climate controller on the dash. The compressor clutch now will run for a few mins. After a few mins it shuts off, then will spin every so often for a few revolutions then shuts off again.
replyreply
Sounds like its cycling. It will do this depending on many factors. Ambient temp, cab temp, how much freon is in the system....
Is it blowing cold air? How much different is the vent temp from what the temp is outside?
30 degrees colder is the general rule of thumb. On an 80° day 50° is good. On a 100° day if you get 70° your doin just fine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Replaced thermomister again. Did the same thing. Change the cab controller, now it seems to work. I can now see the temp in the lower left corner.
replyreply
06-23-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
109 in arizona... 54 vent temp with an arduinio controller for my prostar a/c. Got tired of the POS factory system always going nuts.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , DosGatos , snailexpress , Sergiu
06-23-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Im looking for the parts to build that.
replyreply
06-24-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Putting in a cab controller didnt fix it.
replyreply
06-25-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Bassman, im currently running my compressor off a toggle switch. The psi sensor on the high side continues to cycle the fan (disconnected the thermister plugs so the computer didnt turn off all ac logic) It needs to have a high psi shutoff (safety so the compressor doesnt puke and burn up)and low psi shutoff (defrost and no refrigerant safety) in line to the compressor clutch power but i havent had time to reengineer that part and ac switches to fit the factory threads are few and far between. Rawzes arduino is a much better setup. The arduino board, blank circuit board and relays can be purchased on amazon. The code is floating around this forum somewhere.
replyreply
06-25-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
I'm looking on amazon now for the parts.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.