CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
06-04-2017, (Subject: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet ) 
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet
(06-04-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 )Vjex Wrote:  Well, I see what you saying.... I shouldn't have wrote my plan, but my situation is not as bad as it seems. I've been an o/o for a while now, buying another truck for cash, will finance overhaul if needed.

All I'm asking is if blowby could be a bit reduced , or in your book 15" of blowby is automatic no-go! Truck had egr cooler, turbo and clutch replaced, dyno shows that most of the horses are still there.

Thanks

I wouldn't say this amount of blow by is a "no go", it's just an indicator.
The question is, where is the blow by coming from?
Have you pulled an oil sample? If it has coolant contamination, I'd call it a "No go" combo.
If there's no coolant contamination, then perhaps you've found a bit of a deal if it's as simple as valve guide seals. You could buy the tool and parts and fix this yourself for under $500 and a day or so of your time.
If it's a turbo seal, then it's a somewhat costly repair but not huge downtime and also something you may be able to do yourself.
If it's a broken ring, then it's reliability is questionable and that's a risk only you can asses for yourself.
If it's glazed cylinders then it needs an overhaul, but not today. You can run for quite a while on glazed cylinders, you will just burn oil, have blow by, poor power, and if the aftertreatment system is still in place, lots of issues with it.
Knowing the source helps the determination. If there is coolant contamination, then the blow by is probably the cough, not the virus.

Great information, thanks a lot.
Oil is fresh in the truck, actually is overfilled a bit.( I hate when they overfill it, but it happens a lot) . If I pull an oil sample on brand new oil (lets say 100 miles), will it show even the smallest coolant contamination?

Much appreciated!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Vjex - 06-01-2017,
RE: CM871 400HP Dyno sheet - Vjex - 06-04-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.