motor rebuild at mr haggs
06-02-2017, (Subject: motor rebuild at mr haggs ) 
motor rebuild at mr haggs
Well I am home now and ready to get back to making money and not spending it.Jerry and his family and crew are among best people you would like to do business with.My motor was really not in bad shape considering 1215000 roughly in milage with mandate still on truck.He thinks its due to regular oil changes since truck was new.A couple bad injectors,some wear on 2 rocker shafts,some wear on bearings,some wear on rockers,but overall i guess it was good it drove in and now drove out and it now is really hard to even see oil on the dip stick its so clean.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , Roysbigtoys , JMBT , Vin
06-02-2017, (Subject: motor rebuild at mr haggs ) 
RE: motor rebuild at mr haggs
Awesome!! Yes they are great folks! That is where I will go for sure when it is time for mine if I choose not to tackle it myself.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
06-03-2017, (Subject: motor rebuild at mr haggs ) 
How much is it to rebuild a motor at me mr haggis?
replyreply
Well I had a lot done.I went a lot more than I needed to plus he did some transmission work and it was about 1000 or so added to the total.I did inframe kit,new head,all six injectors,water pump,oil pump,air compressor,oil cooler,new resevor tank,new cam sensor,new crank sensor,one radiator brace,2 rocker shafts,new rockers,new crankshaft damper,all new radiator hoses,new charge air boots,fixed my chicken lights,welded a drivers side step bracket and made it stronger. Im sure ther is some small stuff im forgetting but basically everything but crank and 2 cams and 2 rocker shafts.And the oil will be clean for a long time to come.I spent around 28,000.00.Good price if i get another 1,200,000 miles or mabey even more with cleaner oil and shimmed oil pump.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead , scottydogtruck
we live in the environment that o/o will be extinct with in a 2 years period with these cheap rates and it is not going to change ever, so 28k well spent , you either go to work as a company driver or go out of business shortly if you are in trucking business, or there is something I do not know, wish you good luck if you did overhaul on credit
replyreply
(06-03-2017 )ktbtrucking Wrote:  we live in the environment that o/o will be extinct with in a 2 years period with these cheap rates and it is not going to change ever, so 28k well spent , you either go to work as a company driver or go out of business shortly if you are in trucking business, or there is something I do not know, wish you good luck if you did overhaul on credit

You, you are missing something there for sure. You can be profitable, it just takes a lot of discipline.

I did not finance my overhaul. Here is my story...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid14151

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I am doing fine. I financed my Inframe but I am still able to put $ in the bank. I hate the term cheap freight. One guy can not pull a load under $1.75/mile and be profitable yet another could pull for $1.50/mile and make good money. I'm not one of the ones that needs a new boat and car while buying a high dollar chrome truck. I keep my expenses as low as I can. You have to change as the market changes. One tging I do notice is long runs pay a lot less than short hauls. I personally know a guy who pulls under 300 miles a day and grosses over $5000 a week before expenses pulling a dry van.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
Nilao: just one question how many years you have been driving as an o/o before an inframe?
replyreply
Since 2010.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.