Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{
06-05-2017, (Subject: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{ ) 
RE: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{
From the video that hhow55 linked to... "It turned out to be a bad exhaust gas pressure sensor. Replaced it and it ran like brand new again."

That would be a good place to start, along with an EGR Tuneup and those cans of yours are more than likely shot.
replyreply
Vlad: follow Rawze's advice listed above to a tee!! Don't cut any corners!! If it doesn't fix your issue you will for sure discover the problem while you are doing it!!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Thanks for all your advices. This weekends will start with egr tune up. Will replace IMAP, deferential pressure sensor and ....i read comments under video with Volvo truck from hhow55. They solved this problem by replacing exhaust gas pressure sensor. I will try it
replyreply
07-02-2017, (Subject: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{ ) 
I did egr tune up, replaced sensors by tune up procedure, replaced dpf. Doc is still original. I did Snap-Acceleration Smoke Test-shows no smoke. After I installed new dpf smoke stopped. Drove around 200 miles and smoke came out again. I continue drive. Sometimes smoking was stops. Sometimes go again.I drove. 700 miles more I stopped and
Got fault codes:
All inactive:
2637-doc face plagued ...
1973-Aftertreatment exh...temperature 3- Data valid but .......
did regen
Did reset. Drive 600 miles more and got red stop engine light#shut off engine. Check with my tool for codes, and:
All fault codes was inactive:
2346 inactive count 1 - Turbocharger Turbine Intake temperature- Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range-Least Severe Level
1981 inactive Amber - Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter System-Data Valid........Range...Least...level

I have read description for this codes. Looks like Exhaust gas temperature was too high and icm was attempting to limit it. But Why my exhaust got so high temperature it was 892 F on doc and 1476 F on DPF. And why I still have smoke when I drive empty when I pushing eccelerator. Actually my smoke is starting when I start hear turbocharger work. But snap ecceleration test on idle shows no smoke. Iam going to check turbo tomorrow because it's aftermarket. And check icm calibration if will need it.some dealers was training to find a problem but unsuccessfully yet.
replyreply
01-16-2018, (Subject: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{ ) 
The problem was solved by replacing all injectors!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains
01-16-2018, (Subject: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{ ) 
(01-16-2018 )Vlad Wrote:  The problem was solved by replacing all injectors!

That is good you found it. I have seen injectors that have caused liner problems, and even pistons to melt and/or crack due to spray-pattern issues, seepage, and/or clogged tips.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-21-2018, (Subject: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{ ) 
hi everyone. just got my truck back after 9weeks in the cummins shop under warranty for mysterious coolant leakage issue. no luck at int'l dealerships. just a waste of week. and another dealership and another week, and another..it was my liners. they replaced all 6 and new head gasket, and all my sensors and the d.o.c. as well as the waffle looking thing for emissions. isx15cm2350. 2015 truck 2014 engine. i have black smoke too and a hesitation btwn gears before it turbo boost. cleaned the dpf filter and changed my oil week before it went in the shop and one week after it came out. the engine knocks and sputters when i stop for fuel on occassion and wants to do a regen, also the black smoke every time i accelerate, it pours out. i added ~power service diesel kleen~ for my injectors, (service manager said it runs rough and if it doesnt get better after a few fill ups its the injectors) that stuff did seem to help, now im over 500k miles prob lost any warranty. what would you guys recommend? im running on credit now, i really cant afford to have any more down time this year...

i appreciate all the help and info thats avail on the forums.. thank you.
replyreply
10-22-2018, (Subject: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{ ) 
(10-21-2018 )Doublecoin Wrote:  hi everyone. just got my truck back after 9weeks in the cummins shop under warranty for mysterious coolant leakage issue. no luck at int'l dealerships. just a waste of week. and another dealership and another week, and another..it was my liners. they replaced all 6 and new head gasket, and all my sensors and the d.o.c. as well as the waffle looking thing for emissions. isx15cm2350. 2015 truck 2014 engine. i have black smoke too and a hesitation btwn gears before it turbo boost. cleaned the dpf filter and changed my oil week before it went in the shop and one week after it came out. the engine knocks and sputters when i stop for fuel on occassion and wants to do a regen, also the black smoke every time i accelerate, it pours out. i added ~power service diesel kleen~ for my injectors, (service manager said it runs rough and if it doesnt get better after a few fill ups its the injectors) that stuff did seem to help, now im over 500k miles prob lost any warranty. what would you guys recommend? im running on credit now, i really cant afford to have any more down time this year...

i appreciate all the help and info thats avail on the forums.. thank you.

Your problem is that you took it to the WORST PLACE YOU COULD HAVE TAKEN IT!!! to have it fixed to begin with. - Rip you off, do half a repair, and blame expensive parts instead of doingg anything of even half-decent quality.

Next, THERE ARE NO LIQUID CURES FOR BAD ENGINE PARTS!. For all you know, your egr valve may be stuck open, or you have a bad IMAP sensor, etc. and it might not even be injectors.

-- GRAB A WRENCH AND TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS -- or go out of business!. That or go back to being a company driver, you will make more money and not have to be bothered to PROPERLY OWN A TRUCK AND A TRUCKING BUSINESS!.!.

Otherwise, Start here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=9#pid9

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doublecoin
11-10-2018, (Subject: Smoke from my exhaust ~~~{{{{{{{ ) 
egr tuneup. yep, bery sooty.. last intake manifold. carb 'n choke cleaber and petroleum jelly everything!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.