Possible lift pump problem???
06-11-2017, (Subject: Possible lift pump problem??? ) 
Possible lift pump problem???
Have a cm870 and when I tried to start it this morning it just kept cranking over but wouldn't fire. I suspected a fuel problem so to be sure I gave it a quick shot of either and it fired. Then I realized that I usually hear what sounds like a pump running if I turn the key to the on position, but now I don't hear that sound. I looked around on the fuel pump "assembly" and it looks like there is an electric pump attached to it, is that what it is? Is that what I've been hearing? So anyway after checking all the fuses and messing with it for a while it decided to start.Any ideas?? Thanks
replyreply
RE: Possible lift pump problem???
(06-11-2017 )tree98 Wrote:  Have a cm870 and when I tried to start it this morning it just kept cranking over but wouldn't fire. I suspected a fuel problem so to be sure I gave it a quick shot of either and it fired. Then I realized that I usually hear what sounds like a pump running if I turn the key to the on position, but now I don't hear that sound. I looked around on the fuel pump "assembly" and it looks like there is an electric pump attached to it, is that what it is? Is that what I've been hearing? So anyway after checking all the fuses and messing with it for a while it decided to start.Any ideas?? Thanks

Yes, there should be a noise when you first turn on the key. I suggest you turn on the key and check if you have voltage going to this electric lift pump.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Checked for voltage and there is none. I checked all the fuses i could find, would you happen to know where this particular fuse is located?
replyreply
He'll probably need to to know the make and model of truck for that information.
replyreply
07 kenworth T800
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Had same no start issue on my 870, ended up being bad ECM due to lighting strike
replyreply
On cm871 the lift pump fuse is at the bottom of the ECM. Might be the same on 870.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu
(06-11-2017 )Running rough Wrote:  Had same no start issue on my 870, ended up being bad ECM due to lighting strike

Mine starts just takes a while
replyreply
(06-11-2017 )Signature620 Wrote:  On cm871 the lift pump fuse is at the bottom of the ECM. Might be the same on 870.
Thanks, I'll look there tomorrow morning. If it is a blown fuse. What could have made it blow?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.