Sensor in head above...
06-13-2017, (Subject: Sensor in head above... ) 
Sensor in head above...
Hey guys, just replaced my Camshaft speed/positioning sensor, she was throwing codes, so I installed a new one. Above the Camshaft sensor, on the driver side of the head on the CM-871 is another sensor, what is it? I wish I would have known there was another sensor buried in there as I would have replaced it too.
replyreply
RE: Sensor in head above...
I'm not 100% sure where your talking about Waterloo, but would it not be the secondary or backup cam position sensor?
I know the crank has a backup, and I believe the cam does as well.

Edit to add:
Just looked on QS, and in procedure 019-363 is states in the Remove instructions to remove the "Engine Speed Sensor from the cylinder head". I believe this is what you may be referring to.
./uploads/201706/post_2077_1497400690_314aa5328c1ca06d91212af392643c7b.png

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Well, I don't know? There are two? The one I replaced was just off center of the head, next to the ECM. There were two sensors there behind the rats nest of cabling. I replaced the lower one with the metal tab. I looked on QuickServe, it showed the sensors but DID NOT show where they go in either the block or head.
replyreply
I'm pretty sure I'm wrong and there is NOT two.
Procedure 100-002 is the sensor drawing diagram...which one?
I can't seem to find the cam position sensor on that, please point it out.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
That is it Hammer, the one I replaced. What is directly above it, there is another sensor there.

On Edit...

No, that is not the one I replaced, that one looks like the one above. Maybe there are two?

QS is giving me fits, I cannot find that procedure on mine.
replyreply
Allright, I think this is it... 4921517 Pressure Sensor

Here is a link to a photo of the one I replaced, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-....26.EAV26d which was the Camshaft Positioning Sensor. The one above it in the head looks to be a pressure sensor of some sort.
replyreply
(06-13-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Allright, I think this is it... 4921517 Pressure Sensor

Here is a link to a photo of the one I replaced, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-....26.EAV26d which was the Camshaft Positioning Sensor. The one above it in the head looks to be a pressure sensor of some sort.

4921517 Is the oil pressure sensor, according to my parts breakdown list.
And it's in the block, not the head.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Well, it looks like that. I just replaced the oil pressure sender, in the block, so I don't know what I found. But, the truck is running quite a bit smoother, so the new sensor helped. The old one was just about shot, O ring was about gone. I'll see if I can figure this out. Not having much luck with QS tonight.
replyreply
Quickserve->Parts->Option View->enter PH1802-08 in the search->click on the blue option detail

You replaced #31, the backup position sensor according to the breakdown list, I believe you are referring to #33 P/N 4921600.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.