Adding manual fan switch
06-20-2017, (Subject: Adding manual fan switch ) 
Adding manual fan switch
I know ive seen the posts about adding a manual fan control switch to one these prostars but i cant seem to find it. Same process as other trucks or is there an easier way that doesnt involve plumbing air lines and new relays and solonoids? I would like to fan on while idling and in traffic so the ac runs a bit cooler. Its factory head psi set point is a bit high. Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
06-21-2017, (Subject: Adding manual fan switch ) 
RE: Adding manual fan switch
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...74#pid3574

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
So just splice the ground wire to the solonoid and switch it?
replyreply
(06-21-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  So just splice the ground wire to the solonoid and switch it?

If you have MM in the truck then yes.

If no MM then the ecm will flag the sudden loss of current to the coil and you will get a CEL light.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
Thanks Rawze. Greatly appreciated!
replyreply
07-12-2017, (Subject: Adding manual fan switch ) 
Hello
I have read some topics on how to add the engine fan switch on prostar trucks, what I could observe in the prosthetic trucks with either engine cummins or maxxforce the parameter is already activated in the engine ecm the only thing missing is to buy a Switch and dock to the multiplexed switch pack, after that they should only use the diamond logic to activate that function .. save that information and send it to the bodycontroller.
I would like to upload photos of the procedure and be able to help activate that function to the members of the forum but I do not know if that is allowed
Please forgive any indiscrimination on my part
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman
07-12-2017, (Subject: Adding manual fan switch ) 
(07-12-2017 )1002 Wrote:  Hello
I have read some topics on how to add the engine fan switch on prostar trucks, what I could observe in the prosthetic trucks with either engine cummins or maxxforce the parameter is already activated in the engine ecm the only thing missing is to buy a Switch and dock to the multiplexed switch pack, after that they should only use the diamond logic to activate that function .. save that information and send it to the bodycontroller.
I would like to upload photos of the procedure and be able to help activate that function to the members of the forum but I do not know if that is allowed
Please forgive any indiscrimination on my part

Post away. We like how-to's that help others, especially with pictures. I would suggest blurring out any engine serial numbers if possible though to help keep anonymous the person/truck you did it on but no big deal.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.