Permits
06-21-2017, (Subject: Permits ) 
Permits
I am going to need some out of state permits and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Its just a one time thing. I only operate intrastate in CA and would just operate with a CA#. Recently CA sent intrastate trucks a DOT#. Ive never gone out of state so have no clue where to start. My plan is to get a load to Georgia or nearby to go see Mr Hagg and get an inframe. Then get a load back to CA. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
replyreply
RE: Permits
I found a couple of websites that can get temporary permits, but if any members have a company they have used ill look into those first. Thanks.
replyreply
you could always put "not for hire" sign over your company logo and bobtail as an alternative. I bobtailed from Los Angeles to ATL myself before to get home and fix my truck when the turbo went out a long time ago.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Waterloo
You could just get your mc# and call cali for an ifta and be legal everywhere but NM, KY, and NY. Just in case you want to venture out of commiefornia more often. Are your tags apportioned? What about insurance? If you insured for regional and you venture out of their zone they can deny a claim.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , PuroCumminsPower
(06-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  you could always put "not for hire" sign over your company logo and bobtail as an alternative. I bobtailed from Los Angeles to ATL myself before to get home and fix my truck when the turbo went out a long time ago.

You got luck Rawze.
If truck registered as commercial vehicle it still be commercial even you put sign BROTHEL LIMO
replyreply
(06-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  you could always put "not for hire" sign over your company logo and bobtail as an alternative. I bobtailed from Los Angeles to ATL myself before to get home and fix my truck when the turbo went out a long time ago.
IF i go that route, how does Log book work, still fill it out like normal? Also I assume have to pull in to all scales? If i bobtailed I would want to get there asap. Also what is the best route to get to Mr Hagg. Im coming out of central California. In between Fresno and Bakersfield. Google Maps shows, 58E, 40E, 22E, 20E,85S, 75S, and 16W
Ill let you know when i plan to be at Mr Hagg. I would really like to meet you in person Rawze.
replyreply
(06-21-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  You could just get your mc# and call cali for an ifta and be legal everywhere but NM, KY, and NY. Just in case you want to venture out of commiefornia more often. Are your tags apportioned? What about insurance? If you insured for regional and you venture out of their zone they can deny a claim.

No apportioned. I would have to call my insurance and let them know. The only reason i dont want to go the mc route is I heard CA hasnt decided on ELD mandate for intrastate. Dont want to screw myself. Lol.
replyreply
(06-21-2017 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  You could just get your mc# and call cali for an ifta and be legal everywhere but NM, KY, and NY. Just in case you want to venture out of commiefornia more often. Are your tags apportioned? What about insurance? If you insured for regional and you venture out of their zone they can deny a claim.

No apportioned. I would have to call my insurance and let them know. The only reason i dont want to go the mc route is I heard CA hasnt decided on ELD mandate for intrastate. Dont want to screw myself. Lol.
I personally like eld but that just me. I also dont see any state hanging onto paper for much longer. That said if u really wanna stay intra id bobtail my happy ass to atl. I doubt anyone will bother u just bobbing to a shop with no load.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
(06-21-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  

You got luck Rawze.
If truck registered as commercial vehicle it still be commercial even you put sign BROTHEL LIMO

I think it falls under personal conveyance. You just claim you are going to visit relatives with it and not doing business of any type. You need a temporary insurance policy though. - Lost of guys have come this way just like that without issues.

Yes, you go through the scale houses when they are open, they always just flag you by when they see the not for hire sign.

Not telling you this is what you should do, just letting you know that quite a few others have done this.

YES, PM me your number and when your going to be in the area and we can meet up. Maybe cook some good food and hang out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.