Permits
06-21-2017, (Subject: Permits ) 
RE: Permits
(06-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  you could always put "not for hire" sign over your company logo and bobtail as an alternative. I bobtailed from Los Angeles to ATL myself before to get home and fix my truck when the turbo went out a long time ago.

You got luck Rawze.
If truck registered as commercial vehicle it still be commercial even you put sign BROTHEL LIMO

I think it falls under personal conveyance. You just claim you are going to visit relatives with it and not doing business of any type. You need a temporary insurance policy though. - Lost of guys have come this way just like that without issues.

Yes, you go through the scale houses when they are open, they always just flag you by when they see the not for hire sign.

Not telling you this is what you should do, just letting you know that quite a few others have done this.

YES, PM me your number and when your going to be in the area and we can meet up. Maybe cook some good food and hang out.
Rawze is one hell of a cook.. Never pass up that offer..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Rawze
06-28-2017, (Subject: Permits ) 
efs permits. or any permit service. they will get you any and all trip permits you need. or contact the states permit offices
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , fargonaz , PuroCumminsPower
06-29-2017, (Subject: Permits ) 
Transport Permits 1(800)373-9033 is another one, I have used them as well as EFS in the past and they are both good.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze , PuroCumminsPower , hhow55
09-25-2017, (Subject: Permits ) 
If i get all the necessary permits from one of the mentioned companies can they help me out with my issue of not having a MC# as well? I did some research on the exemptions of not needing one depending on the type of product that is hauled. When traveling through the different states to get to Georgia does each state check for MC#, do they check to see if the product hauled is an exempt product where all that is needed is a US DOT# and insurance. Need to get to Mr. Hags asap and if I can earn on my way out there would be nice. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
replyreply
09-25-2017, (Subject: Permits ) 
Since you do not have apportioned plates I would put the “not for hire signs” on but NOT go through the scale houses. (Reason: you never see “personal” trucks going through the scale houses I think that would be a red flag) Just cover up your signs, take any prepass or toll pass devices out of your truck and roll. Bobtail of course. I don’t think you would have any problems. As far as logs, if you are “not for hire” you don’t have to run logs so unless the company you are leased to requires something, I would not log either.
Just my two cents. I have done this several times over the years with new tractors before I had plates for them. Driving from IN to MO once, IN to TX once, and FL to TX once, and never had a problem.

If you go the permit route: you could try “The permit Company”.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.