LOSSING POWER
06-24-2017, (Subject: LOSSING POWER ) 
RE: LOSSING POWER
If you were local to the NW Florida area I'd say bring it by. I have a spare egr cooler I purchased when I thought I had a egr cooler leak. I'd sell it to you at cost and help you install it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen
I have noticed when I am idling I have seen the water temp goes up 200 then I have to turn on the air the bring the temp back down

(06-24-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Ugh one of "those" trucks. How is your oil temperature? The egr cooler is an integral part of the oil cooler circuit. Without it there is 0 flow into the oil cooler water jacket unless a bypass tube was installed from the back of the water pump to the rear of the engine. You may be getting oil temperature derate.

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
I stay in SW Florida by Ft Myers but I will buy from you I just don't want DOT take a real good at this truck

(06-24-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  If you were local to the NW Florida area I'd say bring it by. I have a spare egr cooler I purchased when I thought I had a egr cooler leak. I'd sell it to you at cost and help you install it.

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
Sounds like possibly the victim of a bad delete from one of those big-name companies.

Mr. hag to get it straightened out would be my next destination if I owned it.

Just a thought.

Got a boost and pyro gauge in it? -- If not that is its first and biggest mistake.

What is the boost geting to? -- Pyro?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have full boost( over 30) power for about 60 to 80 miles but after that is start slowly losing psi unit I cut the truck and restart it then I can travel again for about another 15 to 20 miles. I have the gauges that you told me to get. it throws a exhaust gas recirculation differential and Fuel filter differential pressure

replyreply
(06-24-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  ...
it throws a exhaust gas recirculation differential and Fuel filter differential pressure

If it is de-mandated, it should not be getting egr differential codes. Sounds kinda wonky. The fuel pressure code is likely something else. Make sure your fuel filter is not clogging up from algea or some other contaminant.

If boost pressure is falling off then check the vgt positioning in Insite. See if it is being commanded to do back itself off or if it is falling off and its position is stable. Also check the commanded position vs measured too when it is happening.

Check to see if fuel pressure is falling off too.

Also check the engine state parameter and see if it is saying it is in a derate.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-25-2017, (Subject: LOSSING POWER ) 
I pull off the doser, the only two things connected was the power and fuel line, should I replace the doser, I have a brand new one but it seems to me its not even connected.

(06-24-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-24-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  ...
it throws a exhaust gas recirculation differential and Fuel filter differential pressure

If it is de-mandated, it should not be getting egr differential codes. Sounds kinda wonky. The fuel pressure code is likely something else. Make sure your fuel filter is not clogging up from algea or some other contaminant.

If boost pressure is falling off then check the vgt positioning in Insite. See if it is being commanded to do back itself off or if it is falling off and its position is stable. Also check the commanded position vs measured too when it is happening.

Check to see if fuel pressure is falling off too.

Also check the engine state parameter and see if it is saying it is in a derate.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
If the truck is demandated the doser shouldn't be in use at all. Putting a brand new ones is a waste of money. It's there for looks now if someone opens up the hood.
replyreply
Thank you for clarifying

(06-25-2017 )Shandro Wrote:  If the truck is demandated the doser shouldn't be in use at all. Putting a brand new ones is a waste of money. It's there for looks now if someone opens up the hood.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.