LOSSING POWER
07-01-2017, (Subject: LOSSING POWER ) 
RE: LOSSING POWER
vgt position is 30% also when driving fuel pressure drops

(06-24-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-24-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  ...
it throws a exhaust gas recirculation differential and Fuel filter differential pressure

If it is de-mandated, it should not be getting egr differential codes. Sounds kinda wonky. The fuel pressure code is likely something else. Make sure your fuel filter is not clogging up from algea or some other contaminant.

If boost pressure is falling off then check the vgt positioning in Insite. See if it is being commanded to do back itself off or if it is falling off and its position is stable. Also check the commanded position vs measured too when it is happening.

Check to see if fuel pressure is falling off too.

Also check the engine state parameter and see if it is saying it is in a derate.

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
07-02-2017, (Subject: LOSSING POWER ) 
(07-01-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  vgt position is 30% also when driving fuel pressure drops

I would get that thing over to Gearhead or Mr. Hag down in atlanta and have the truck checked out along with the programming.

Not knowing who de-mandated would be of serious concern to me any ways. Who knows what kind of programming it may have in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(06-25-2017 )Shandro Wrote:  If the truck is demandated the doser shouldn't be in use at all. Putting a brand new ones is a waste of money. It's there for looks now if someone opens up the hood.

Theoretically yes...but if the doser fuel supply shut off valve failed, then it very well could leak fuel while still showing "Closed" in Insite.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
(07-02-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(06-25-2017 )Shandro Wrote:  If the truck is demandated the doser shouldn't be in use at all. Putting a brand new ones is a waste of money. It's there for looks now if someone opens up the hood.

Theoretically yes...but if the doser fuel supply shut off valve failed, then it very well could leak fuel while still showing "Closed" in Insite.

that's is very true it could be leaking by even if position says closed but there must be a cheaper way to block the fuel than by putting a new doser on
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
07-03-2017, (Subject: LOSSING POWER ) 
Theoretically it can be blocked right at the ISFM port.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.