Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help
06-28-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help
Recently purchased a 2010 t660 with a cm871
Prior owner did tons of work just 2 months ago including the following
Overhaul, new head, new turbo & actuator, new egr valve and cooler and more but not in reference to the engine.
Started driving it and the second day i was in it, it started pouring out blue smoke out of the exhaust when climbing a hill or on-ramp mainly when loaded.
I have done the following thinking it would fix the issue:
Egr tune up including: new delta p sensor, new imap sensor, new exhaust back pressure sensor, new dozer injector, new dpf temp sensors, had the doc and dpf cleaned.
To add to this my truck is only getting 4-5mpgs.

Today i unplugged the dozer injector and waalaa no more smoke.
I know this is incorrect. But how or what should i do next to fix the problem.
Thanks in advace for the help guys.
replyreply
06-28-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
RE: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help
every time I have seen one blow blue smoke pulling a hill it was a cracked DPF.
replyreply
(06-28-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  every time I have seen one blow blue smoke pulling a hill it was a cracked DPF.

Yup, most places that clean them either can't find the crack, or won't tell you cause then you won't clean another one, you'll just replace it.

(06-28-2017 )EdgarLeyva Wrote:  I know this is incorrect. But how or what should i do next to fix the problem?

That's an easy question, it's an 871...@m*m^2 that baby all day long! Say "Hello" to >7mpg!
Sounds like a trip to Atlanta in your immediate future. Congrats, you've got a good one!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Mrkentee , Waterloo
06-29-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
Sounds like either a leaky doser or a cracked DPF during a regen. If there's no wet trail of fuel from the doser then it'll probably be a cracked DPF.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
06-30-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
The doser is new....
And
No smoke at parked regen.... also the dpf was cleaned at Kenworth, im sure if it was cracked they would have pushed the sale of a new one.
replyreply
06-30-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
(06-28-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(06-28-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  every time I have seen one blow blue smoke pulling a hill it was a cracked DPF.

Yup, most places that clean them either can't find the crack, or won't tell you cause then you won't clean another one, you'll just replace it.

(06-28-2017 )EdgarLeyva Wrote:  I know this is incorrect. But how or what should i do next to fix the problem?

That's an easy question, it's an 871...@m*m^2 that baby all day long! Say "Hello" to >7mpg!
Sounds like a trip to Atlanta in your immediate future. Congrats, you've got a good one!
replyreply
Is @m*m^2 the ecm tuning? Im new to all this emissions stuff.. old truck was a 2005 t600 preemission yeller motor.
replyreply
07-02-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
I would pull doser and take a very good look and do the doser test if possible.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze
07-03-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
Even though the dozer is 3 weeks old?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.