Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help
07-05-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
RE: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help
Dozer looks good as new. Ive been runing the truck with it unplugged and been asking it to do a regen everyday some days it will do it some days it wont.

Unplugged dozer = no smoke + boost psi under 35 + 6.5 mpgs.
I know this is not the correct way to fix the problem nor do i want to keep doing this. But anyone have any ideas? Maybe ecm update?
replyreply
07-06-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
(07-05-2017 )EdgarLeyva Wrote:  Dozer looks good as new. Ive been runing the truck with it unplugged and been asking it to do a regen everyday some days it will do it some days it wont.

Unplugged dozer = no smoke + boost psi under 35 + 6.5 mpgs.
I know this is not the correct way to fix the problem nor do i want to keep doing this. But anyone have any ideas? Maybe ecm update?

That is because when you unplug it then it goes into a derate.

I don't know what your describing as blue smoke but I can tell you that it is perfectly normal for the truck to smoke like hell (white/bluish smoke) when it does a regen when going up a hill. My truck did this even when the truck was brand spanking new, nothing wrong with the system or engine at all. The smoke would be so bad sometimes that you could not even see the trailer behind you. It is because sometimes fuel will build up in the DPF because it is not hot enough to ignite, then it ignites all at once when you hit a hill or an on-ramp. When it finally does ignite, it is so bad, you can't even see behind you for the cloud of white smoke as it starts to burn, sometimes for several minutes. -- Perfectly normal.

* What is your regen history?

* What is your oil consumption?

* What is your boost and pyro normally?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-06-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
Since owning it for 3 months now it has not once asked for a regen. Altohugh inhave forced it to do so just to be on the safe side.

Oil consumtion is very very little maybe 1/4 gallon between oil changes @15k

Boosts is 40+ with dozer plugged in.... have read this is not safe.
With dozer unplugged it never goes past 32ish.

I do not have a pyrometer.

So do you still continue to drive the truck that you say smoked since day1?
It is getting annoying and embarrassing driving it like that to me.
replyreply
Rawze truck has 1.3ish mil on it.. Does work when he's not working on it.. Been down a couple of weeks now, everything with that truck is documented on the forums or through his videos..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
07-11-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
Does it still pour out blue smoke though?
replyreply
07-12-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
(07-11-2017 )EdgarLeyva Wrote:  Does it still pour out blue smoke though?

Not with the MM... I have been running that tune going on three years on my CM-871. I get a tiny puff of smoke now and then between shifts, but nothing that would not be normal in non emission truck. I have a weed burner exhaust, I can see it out of my passenger mirror. I would get rid of the mandate, you already have a fresh motor, do not destroy it, and sleep easy at night. I did mine in my driveway after getting some help to set up my laptop. I have not looked back, and truck is running fine, FINALLY. KNOCK ON WOOD. I have a reputation around here for not having the best of luck with the LEMON I own. Nothing to do with any of the work done here, which has been financially life saving.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze
07-12-2017, (Subject: Cm871 pouring blue smoke out exhaust up hill. Please help ) 
(07-12-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 )EdgarLeyva Wrote:  Does it still pour out blue smoke though?

Not with the MM... I have been running that tune going on three years on my CM-871. I get a tiny puff of smoke now and then between shifts, but nothing that would not be normal in non emission truck. I have a weed burner exhaust, I can see it out of my passenger mirror. I would get rid of the mandate, you already have a fresh motor, do not destroy it, and sleep easy at night. I did mine in my driveway after getting some help to set up my laptop. I have not looked back, and truck is running fine, FINALLY. KNOCK ON WOOD. I have a reputation around here for not having the best of luck with the LEMON I own. Nothing to do with any of the work done here, which has been financially life saving.
Mr Waterloo
Don't they have lemon laws in your state?
I believe you would be a prime candidate -)))))

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
LOL!!!! I wish! The only lemon law that works in my state is the one where you get rid of the wife, and I just did. One down, one to go!
replyreply
And what kind of laptop do i need to execute this mission? And where do i get the software or program or info for the m&m?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.