2250 ISX Fuel Return
03-14-2016, (Subject: 2250 ISX Fuel Return ) 
2250 ISX Fuel Return
I Have recently purchased a 2013 KW T800 with a 450 CM2250 ISX. Driver side has a factory 100Gal tank and the passenger side has a factory 150Gal tank.

I just can't seem to get the tanks to level out when running. The driver side is always quite a bit lower, today it was close to six inches different.

I understand there is a fuel splitter installed on top of the transmission, I even saw it.

Doing a little investigating I found there is "normal" and "high" flow return valves available.

Checked the vents and made sure they were clear.

Should I replace the splitter or is this an ongoing problem with this setup? Does this ISX require the high flow splitter?

There are no factory valves on the tanks.

Would like to solve this issue and make it go away. How come no crossover lines? To Low? I'm out in California so freezing should not be an issue.

Thanks for any help or insight.
replyreply
03-15-2016, (Subject: 2250 ISX Fuel Return ) 
RE: 2250 ISX Fuel Return
(03-14-2016 )redbeard Wrote:  I Have recently purchased a 2013 KW T800 with a 450 CM2250 ISX. Driver side has a factory 100Gal tank and the passenger side has a factory 150Gal tank.

I just can't seem to get the tanks to level out when running. The driver side is always quite a bit lower, today it was close to six inches different.

I understand there is a fuel splitter installed on top of the transmission, I even saw it.

Doing a little investigating I found there is "normal" and "high" flow return valves available.

Should I replace the splitter or is this an ongoing problem with this setup? Does this ISX require the high flow splitter?

Would like to solve this issue and make it go away. How come no crossover lines? To Low? I'm out in California so freezing should not be an issue.

welcome to the plague of the paccar products. its because the line lengths/routes are different and one side has more restriction on the return than the other, so it goes the easiest route. you can by a regulating splitter that will fill both tanks properly, or you can just lengthen the shorten line to make it more equal.
replyreply
I have the same problem with my 2013 T800
replyreply
(03-15-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  
(03-14-2016 )redbeard Wrote:  I Have recently purchased a 2013 KW T800 with a 450 CM2250 ISX. Driver side has a factory 100Gal tank and the passenger side has a factory 150Gal tank.

welcome to the plague of the paccar products. its because the line lengths/routes are different and one side has more restriction on the return than the other, so it goes the easiest route. you can by a regulating splitter that will fill both tanks properly, or you can just lengthen the shorten line to make it more equal.

I see that there is a high flow and a normal splitter available for purchase. My truck does have a factory installed splitter. I have no idea which one it is. Do they go bad? Can I just replace the one I have and be good to go, or is another plague from my friends at paccar that never is fixed, just thrown parts at?

Thank you Unilevers
replyreply
(03-15-2016 )BlackiceT800 Wrote:  I have the same problem with my 2013 T800

I sure do like my old 95 T800, we have an understanding:) the new one not so much:tire:
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.