Clevite 77 bearings
07-01-2017, (Subject: Clevite 77 bearings ) 
Clevite 77 bearings
Anybody have any input on clevite rod bearings for the ISX? I've used the P and H series before in many other car engines Ive built, and was surprised to see that they offer them for the ISX. I'd would go clevite before some china knockoff junk, just wondering if they are also good quality cost effective replacement for the isx and how the compare to oem Cummins?
In the bottom of the motor this coming week and it needs a bearing roll.
replyreply
RE: Clevite 77 bearings
Not trying to promote oem, just making some reply based on what I have seen/heard myself...

At the very least, Your going to need some plastigauge if your going to go with non-oem bearings. Mr. Hag once said to me that he has used after-market a couple times before and had clearance issues on non-oem.

Don't know about that brand myself. Haven't had an issue with OEM enough to seek alternatives just to save a few bucks. I think they are only a few hundred dollars for oem anyways. I suppose on a local trash truck or intermodol pos, saving a buck would be a consideration, but
not worth it to me on a truck you have to rely on heavily. - just my own take on stuff like that. I don't play around with internals.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz
RE: Clevite 77 bearings
True. I was just wondering seeing as clevite has always been a decent brand, but you never know. I know for many vehicles they are more of an upgrade over oem, but again I'm talking about cars. I don't know how they compare to oem Cummins in this kind of application, but I see your point.

Personally, I don't really care for plastigauge, though it works in a pinch. I keep some in the back of the tool box just in case.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.