Hendrickson Zero Maintenance Damping Air bag
07-01-2017, (Subject: Hendrickson Zero Maintenance Damping Air bag ) 
Hendrickson Zero Maintenance Damping Air bag
https://www.hendrickson-intl.com/Trailer...ptions/ZMD

Found out about this recently and got straight onto the Australian rep who informed me that at the moment they're not legal here in Australia...
Wondering if any of you have tried them yet and what youre thoughts are?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
RE: Hendrickson Zero Maintenance Damping Air bag
I have the Hendrickson Airtek front suspension on my prostar. -- ABSOLUTELY HATE THE FU#KER!!!.

Nothing but problems with the air bags, leveling valves, and all the rubber bushings make it impossible to maintain front-end alignment. It is also a complete pain in the arsse that is nothing but in the way for servicing the oil filter that you can barely get off the engine. That is ONLY if the air bags are at full height. If the air bags bleed down even a little bit, you are NOT going to get that oil filter off the engine at all. The suspension system is also in the way for removing the oil pan. You have to disassemble the cross-members to get the pan off, or to even drop it down a bit. It also puts my front-end overweight bobtail and I can't stand that. My front-end has a shorter tire life because of the extra weight and all those damn rubber bushings and cross-shafts instead of having something rigid like leaf springs.

Don't know about the rear suspension systems they make or what they have for trailers, but I would never recommend their front-end suspension system for anyone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Toolguy
I've never worked on a truck with air bags on the steer axle but I can imagine it would be a pain. These particular bags are designed to get rid of the need for shockers. Pretty good idea to me. The rep (who was so pro-Hendrickson and everything they do to the point where I made comment about it to him) said this particular bag has been selling like hot cakes in New Zeland. Figured there would have to be guys in the states who have them too.
replyreply
07-02-2017, (Subject: Hendrickson Zero Maintenance Damping Air bag ) 
It's a nice idea but I'll bet those dampening airbags cost more than a normal airbag + a normal shocker.
replyreply
07-03-2017, (Subject: Hendrickson Zero Maintenance Damping Air bag ) 
(07-02-2017 )Signature620 Wrote:  It's a nice idea but I'll bet those dampening airbags cost more than a normal airbag + a normal shocker.

Can't believe I didn't think to ask that question.. But even if it is slightly more expensive and lasts a long time I'd probably start buying them
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.