@m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour
07-04-2017, (Subject: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour ) 
RE: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour
Adjusting turbo closer at idle as well as timing. I'd love to do more than the simple stuff but I'm not as smart about this as rawze is. That and I can't afford a new engine if I were to mess something up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , gatow900
07-21-2017, (Subject: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour ) 
(07-03-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  I'll be putting a new apu in my truck later this year. Im not doing it so much for the fuel savings but to cut my use and wear on the truck engine.

I will, however, still idle the truck if it's forcast under 15 deg F though. Even though you can get an Arctic apu... Which is really the same thing as a closed loop apu except it's plumbed into the engine coolant, which is what my truck currently has...I haven't really learned to trust it to keep my fuel from gelling. I worry about the fuel in the lines and the fuel filters, not so much what is in the tanks and engine.

I have a 2007 model year Tri-Pac with arctic kit, the case is all rotted out and looks like hell. But, mechanically she is pretty darn good. I have had her in below zero weather up here in MI and surrounding states and have not had any gelling issues. I do add a bit of winter additive, White Power Service at every other fill up when it gets that brutal, and have had no issues. One thing I would recommend is to stay away from the crap fuel the Pilot/FJ and Loves sells, the bio blend crap. You may as well pour water in your tanks.

If you run the South, and wind up in those gel temps with Southern fuel, than I would idle the motor and add a couple of gallons of additive! LOL! Been there and done that, I learnt my lesson!

I buy my Power Service by the case, off of the internet... Much cheaper that way. One case will last me two to three years. I do not use it that frequently, as I run up North and most fuel up here is well treated. And I stay away from the chain truck stops, stick with the mom and pops, much better fuel and little water.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
07-21-2017, (Subject: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour ) 
(07-04-2017 )Jon Mastin Wrote:  I ordered the 12000 btu a/c from highseer online. Make sure you get the 115v and not the 220v version. The upside is I carry an extension cord and can use shore power when i'm at one of our terminals. The generator i got thru amazon. Make sure you register you unit with champion in case you need to get parts or service. The main issue from all reviews is that they test run them and a little gas get stuck and gums up the carb from sitting in the box waiting to be put into service. They will just send you a new carb (from what i've read). I had a starter solenoid go out and 1 phone call and they mailed me a new one no questions asked. Also get an inductive hour meter since the service interval is 100 hours and you should follow as close as possible. It's only .6 quarts.
Seafoam cab and injector cleaner will clean up old gas and varnished jets.
replyreply
07-22-2017, (Subject: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour ) 
https://seafoamsales.com/four-years-ago-...les-on-it/

Check this out

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
07-22-2017, (Subject: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour ) 
(07-22-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  https://seafoamsales.com/four-years-ago-...les-on-it/

Check this out

This guy seems to have some decent info..

I don't agree with these crap testimonials by makers of these types of products. It implies that sea-foam made his engine stop having blo-by issues. This sends a BIG RED FLAG of a message. Sorry but there no liquid cure for worn out components. Also, although i don't like the idea of running an engine with contaminants in the oil, using some diesel in the oil system 500 miles before an oil change would be far more effective and less invasive than a product like seafoam would be.

Another shi#t over-marketed product designed to brainwash you more than provide anything of merit. Might as well have "Lukas" stamped on the side of the can.

We used to clean up our car engines using Dextron II tranny fluid into the intake using the same methods back in the 70's and 80'd and it was always far more effective than that stuff.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: yamajason , hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.