CM2250 Turbo Chuffing
07-03-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Turbo Chuffing ) 
CM2250 Turbo Chuffing
I purchased my first cummins back in March (I grew up on the yellow motors). 2012 KW with cm2250 and 300k miles. I serviced completely after purchase, including def filter change, IMAP sensor, exhaust bp sensor, and delta p sensor, and had DPF cleaned at local reputable shop. It wasn't too bad, but went ahead and had it cleaned anyway since I bought it used. I don't have insite yet, so this may be a shot in the dark without any data. When the truck is first cranked, the wrench light will blink until the turbo spools (boosts?) itself up, and then the light goes off and stays off. If you let it sit and idle, its boosting around 5-10 psi. When it stops spooling at idle, it will chuff hard 3-4 times and its noticeably loud. The driver hasn't noticed anything odd about power or anything so I drove it myself for a bit today. Boost will get up to 35-38 lbs in a hard pull, no codes have popped up or anything. Only thing I noticed was a small chuff back through the breathers when I pulled up to a stop sign. Turbo actuator? Turbo? EGR valve?
replyreply
07-03-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Turbo Chuffing ) 
RE: CM2250 Turbo Chuffing
Could be something as simple as the the Delta-P sensor reading wrong or the mounting block it sits on clogging up too.

I don't own one of those engines but have seen a lot of problems with them chuffing. Here is some ideas anyways...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid22458

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-04-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Turbo Chuffing ) 
RE: CM2250 Turbo Chuffing
Okay thanks rawze! It will be at shop this weekend and I will do some looking.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.