Gallons of oil from blow by.
07-04-2017, (Subject: Gallons of oil from blow by. ) 
Gallons of oil from blow by.
2011 intl prostar, isx15, 900k miles, tuned egr & dpf off.....all of a sudden I started to lose gallons(3-4) of oil from blow by tube. 1st thing Changed the crankcase filter(it was clogged up, and i admit its been a while since i changed it) and almost 800 miles driving back home, not a drop of oil. Once home, i open the hood and realise also the pipes from turbo to air charge cooler and air charge to intake side is leaking oil from clamps. I open them up and can feel fresh oil mostly on the air charge openings...and not so much(or maybe dried oil?) on the turbo itself.
I did read up some threads about blow by but still cannot find which direction I should take about finding the issue. Is it that the filter was way too clogged up that the pressure on the crankcase was pushing it out from the turbo?

P.s: I'm going to test Rawzes DIY blow by test, but in the mean time any advise is appreciated. Thank you!!
replyreply
RE: Gallons of oil from blow by.
(07-04-2017 )Neflextrucking Wrote:  2011 intl prostar, isx15, 900k miles, tuned egr & dpf off.....all of a sudden I started to lose gallons(3-4) of oil from blow by tube. 1st thing Changed the crankcase filter(it was clogged up, and i admit its been a while since i changed it) and almost 800 miles driving back home, not a drop of oil. Once home, i open the hood and realise also the pipes from turbo to air charge cooler and air charge to intake side is leaking oil from clamps. I open them up and can feel fresh oil mostly on the air charge openings...and not so much(or maybe dried oil?) on the turbo itself.
I did read up some threads about blow by but still cannot find which direction I should take about finding the issue. Is it that the filter was way too clogged up that the pressure on the crankcase was pushing it out from the turbo?

P.s: I'm going to test Rawzes DIY blow by test, but in the mean time any advise is appreciated. Thank you!!
I am not an expert on your situation, but what i have learned on this forum, lead's me to believe you have a bad turbo seal, because your crankcase filter should have been changed. If you continue to drive your truck, you are in danger of having a runaway on your motor, then it will self destruct. Let's get your charge air cooler removed, and cleaned. The sooner the better!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Thank you. I'm taking apart air charge cooler and the intake pipes to clean thoroughly. Will put it back and do a short run and see if there are any leaks from turbo...any other help would be appreciated.
replyreply
If you have oil in ur intake yoi need to shut it down and do a turbo inspection or you could have a runaway and a new engine in ur future. Hows ur egts?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(07-04-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  If you have oil in ur intake yoi need to shut it down and do a turbo inspection or you could have a runaway and a new engine in ur future. Hows ur egts?

How do you check for egts?

I just tried Rawzes DIY blow by test as shown on his YouTube video. It's blowing out the water from the cleartube as soon as i start the engine. Then i disconnected the aircompressor to make sure it's not the aircompressor pressurizing the crankcase, no difference.
I wanted to isolate the turbo and disconnected the connection at air charge cooler to turbo, still high blow by. Does this mean it's my rings?
Can you tell me if I can do any other test on my own to further diagnose my issue? I really don't want to take it to the dealer......
replyreply
You check your egts with a pyrometer in your exhaust manifold. Who did your demandate? If you have a turbo spewing oil into the intake and enough blowby to blow the water out the hose (assuming you did it right)then you need a good mechanic and probably an inframe.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Neflextrucking
Did by any chance your engine overheat? You very well could have a bad head gasket, or cracked head. The next test i would do, is drop the oil pan and pressure up your cooling system, and see if there is coolant running down inside or the outside of your liner's. If this is the case, you have a bad head or bad head gasket. Do you see any white smoke, coming out of your exhaust stack's?
How many mile's are on this engine?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Neflextrucking
Snds like he found himself one of those other guys to do his tuning. What u think hhow?
replyreply
(07-04-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  You check your egts with a pyrometer in your exhaust manifold. Who did your demandate? If you have a turbo spewing oil into the intake and enough blowby to blow the water out the hose (assuming you did it right)then you need a good mechanic and probably an inframe.

I got my demandate at a shop called PDQ Performance in Sanford, FL. Tomorrow I think ill do another test by removing the drain pipe from the bottom of the turbo that goes to the engine and see if I still have the same blow by...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.