Crankcase pressure
07-05-2017, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
Crankcase pressure
Is the crankcase pressure sensor disabled with @m*m^2?
I have zero pressure and zero voltage in Insite, and no check engine light ir code.
I have voltage at the plug. Perhaps the sensor is bad???
replyreply
RE: Crankcase pressure
(07-05-2017 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Is the crankcase pressure sensor disabled with @m*m^2?
I have zero pressure and zero voltage in Insite, and no check engine light ir code.

its disabled and all the logic removed. put the hole in the filter from the pic floating around here.
replyreply
(07-05-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Is the crankcase pressure sensor disabled with @m*m^2?

its disabled and all the logic removed. put the hole in the filter from the pic floating around here.

Thank you. I had done that, but thought maybe it was getting too soaked with oil. So I bought a new one and did the same thing. I just wanted to see if there was a difference in
pressure. I have gases coming out my oil filler tube. I wanted to blame it on the filter. I need to get it dyno'd and checked properly.
replyreply
07-06-2017, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
How much oil is the engine using between oil changes? What is the oil change interval?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-05-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  

Curious, is the hole needed even with the new 'maintenance free' breather filter element?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
(07-06-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  How much oil is the engine using between oil changes? What is the oil change interval?

It's used a gallon every 7-8k since I've had it. I change at 15k. I can usually add 1 gallon in that time and be fine.
It's just that-I took the filler cap off when it was running, and found pulsating gases/blowby coming out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouR2ORTFxQ...e=youtu.be
replyreply
(07-06-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  Curious, is the hole needed even with the new 'maintenance free' breather filter element?

It should not be required to have the hole with the maint. free filter.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-06-2017 )Mrkentee Wrote:  It's used a gallon every 7-8k since I've had it. I change at 15k. I can usually add 1 gallon in that time and be fine.
It's just that-I took the filler cap off when it was running, and found pulsating gases/blowby coming out.

more fumes than some I have seen, but less than others. Does not look excessive to me for an older engine. Just make sure pressure cannot build in the crank case like others have mentioned.

Until it starts using a gallon every 2,000 - 3,000 miles or so then no need to start worrying about it.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
(07-06-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 )Mrkentee Wrote:  It's used a gallon every 7-8k since I've had it. I change at 15k. I can usually add 1 gallon in that time and be fine.
It's just0 that-I took the filler cap off when it was running, and found pulsating gases/blowby coming out.

more fumes than some I have seen, but less than others. Does not look excessive to me for an older engine. Just make sure pressure cannot build in the crank case like others have mentioned0.k .

Until it starts using a gallon every 2,000 - 3,000 miles or so then no need to start worrying about it.

It's got 160k on the inframe. But the oil consumption has been steady since I've had it, almost 300k.

Update: It passed the redneck manometer test no problem.
Because of the way it pulsates, I tend to think it's a cylinder, and not the compressor or turbo. Does that make sense? I may hve rings that never seated properly. What would be a remedy for that?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.