White smoke
07-09-2017, (Subject: White smoke ) 
White smoke
I have a 08 ISX 871 egr dpf deleted. After being parked for 15 mins or so at idle, I take off and it white smokes for a little. Happens every time never misses. I thought it might be a leaking dozer injector but saw no leaks in exhaust, I plugged it anyway. Doesn't burn water or oil. Any suggestions on what to do or what it might be?? TIA
replyreply
RE: White smoke
Make sure oil is not slobbering out of the face of the turbo into the charge air cooler.

There are many other reasons one would do this including worn down or a cracked piston rings. De-mandating an old engine drastically changes the back-pressure on the exhaust and intake. those things can effect greatly sometimes how much blo-bvy and oil ring seapage there is too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mr Chain
RE: White smoke
I had a truck that had tired injectors. If I let it idle for long it would look alittle wet around exhaust manifold gasket. Smoke like that smells like burning charcoal lighter fluid. It would burn out the raw fuel and be fine. Maybe I should have looked into it more but I wasn't in that truck for the long haul so I kept running it. Just tried not to idleal it to much. Could have been washing a cylinder which isn't good but it never really changed. Must have put a hundred thousand miles on it that way. Sold it to upgrade to a better truck. Can you smell the smoke. Like down wind of it when idling. Are the charge air tubes and hoses showing any oil residue. They'll be oily at the junctions if oil is getting by turbo. You can pull hose off intake side and look. Don't panic if you see milky oil residue, water will condense in the charge air cooler. From what I've read here these turbos will all weep a little oil idling I guess they have a machine fit instead of a seal. Hopefully I'm not telling you a bunch of bs. going off memory here but if it's demandated the turbo position at idle might not be tight enough that will let them weep oil more than normal. Because it it's making positive pressure on the intake.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mr Chain

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.