Bad injector testing
07-09-2017, (Subject: Bad injector testing ) 
Bad injector testing
I suspect I have a bad injector because my oil level seems to be creeping up. Will that test that Rawze shows in the video with the glass of water tell me or us there a different test I need to do?
replyreply
RE: Bad injector testing
If it's a 871 the gearpump could be leaking also
replyreply
check for water in the oil too.

The injector leak test will not help determine if fuel is getting in your oil.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zyNoT
It's an 870. No water in the oil. What can I do to figure this out?
replyreply
They make a uv dye you can put in your fuel. If it's the gearpump you could follow the dye back to it. Not sure what help it would be for injectors though. That may require removal and visual inspection as well as a bubble test.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Generally going to be either an injector o-ring or a cracked head if it's fuel in oil.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , fargonaz , Rawze
Friend of mine had a bad o-ring on one of his injector's. there is a test you can do,adding some dye to fuel in a bucket and attaching a hose to fuel inlet on ifsm, then remove valve cover, and look for red coming from your injector's.
Maybe this help's

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
The die test is the only way to go. Sometimes its the top orings or small cracks in the head around the injectors. Its really hard to find the red die, auto stores sell yellow, which makes it more difficult to pinpoint the problem. Make a small plate and mount it above the drive gear for the pump to avoid oil spray. If you are losing prime its more likely o-rings.
replyreply
07-13-2017, (Subject: Bad injector testing ) 
(07-09-2017 )kmk Wrote:  The die test is the only way to go. Sometimes its the top orings or small cracks in the head around the injectors. Its really hard to find the red die, auto stores sell yellow, which makes it more difficult to pinpoint the problem. Make a small plate and mount it above the drive gear for the pump to avoid oil spray. If you are losing prime its more likely o-rings.

Has lost prime a couple times lately. Can I replace the orings or do I have to replace the injectors?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.