Bad injector testing
07-14-2017, (Subject: Bad injector testing ) 
RE: Bad injector testing
You can pick up a cheap uv light kit at any auto part store, usually around the a/c area
replyreply
Ok thanks everyone for the great info. If I don't see anything under the valve cover, where do i look to check if it's the gear pump?
replyreply
It leaks into the head from the drivers side just past the midpoint. It is driven by the injector camshaft. All fuel leaks that get into the oil come from the head area. Unless it's leaking from a injector tip that is.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
07-27-2017, (Subject: Bad injector testing ) 
(07-13-2017 )kmk Wrote:  Uv light if necessary. Disconnect the supply hose to the ifsm from water separator and submerge it in the bucket.

Won't this introduce air into the system when I take it out of the bucket and screw it back on the fitting?
replyreply
07-27-2017, (Subject: Bad injector testing ) 
(07-27-2017 )tree98 Wrote:  Won't this introduce air into the system when I take it out of the bucket and screw it back on the fitting?

Yup, so does replacing the fuel filter. The electric fuel pump is your friend towards purging the fuel system after working on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.