Leveling valve/rod
07-12-2017, (Subject: Leveling valve/rod ) 
Leveling valve/rod
Any one have any ideas how to fix the rod from coming out the rubber boots on the axle?
replyreply
RE: Leveling valve/rod
(07-12-2017 )Tcarpenter Wrote:  Any one have any ideas how to fix the rod from coming out the rubber boots on the axle?

Assuming you are referring to the small rod for the leveling valve??? -- You were not very specific.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-10-fl.../300198848

======

I hung my load-bar holders to the back of my cab with this stuff. Holds like mad but still slightly flexible. - I have since used it for other applications that need a glue with a slight flexibility to it.

Just be sure to use some brake cleaner on the components so that there is no oil residue or wax on them.

You need to also take a look at your leveling valve to make sure it is not hanging up and pulling it apart too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tcarpenter , fargonaz
Yes that's what I was referring too. I'm working on the truck this weekend was looking for ideas on a fix. Thanks for the suggestion
replyreply
I would just buy a universal rod do it up the same length as old one. There cheap. Then you won't be screwing around with it on the road. That ruber on them won't last forever anyway.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , big_roy , Tcarpenter
(07-12-2017 )Tcarpenter Wrote:  Any one have any ideas how to fix the rod from coming out the rubber boots on the axle?

Ask yourself why they are pulling out....they are usually held with two hose clamps,right? (old style) Are you extending that far that the rod pulls out? Kinda strange. Are your shocks worn out? Something like that, look around the suspension foe something missing or broken.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tcarpenter
(07-12-2017 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  

Ask yourself why they are pulling out....they are usually held with two hose clamps,right? (old style) Are you extending that far that the rod pulls out? Kinda strange. Are your shocks worn out? Something like that, look around the suspension foe something missing or broken.
They are like the old style, just 1 hose clamp holding it. Started happening bout 2 weeks ago. First time I just thought it was a fluke. Now 6 times later something is going on. I know it's time for shocks, that was already on the agenda for the weekend. I'll be getting a better look of things then.
replyreply
Replace the rubber boots and clamps. Before you adjust it, make sure you have the ride height specs for YOUR truck. Stealership parts desk should be able to help you, mine did. I used a metal yardstick from Lowe's for the measurements.

I had to trim my rod 1/2" with a die grinder to get the right height on my KW. Valve was recently replaced by a shop before I picked up the truck. Imagine that, they didn't set it right (or at all).

Too low or high of a height can cause drivetrain issues.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
08-05-2017, (Subject: Leveling valve/rod ) 
Mine came apart as well. I shot some black rtv silicone in the boot then put the rod in the boot with a zip tie to replace the missing clamp. No problem for the last 100,000 miles.
replyreply
08-05-2017, (Subject: Leveling valve/rod ) 
I ended up just replacing the factory clamp with a small radiator hose clamp. Haven't had any issues with it since.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.