CM2250 Will Not Regen
07-19-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Will Not Regen ) 
CM2250 Will Not Regen
Hello All,

I have a 2012 Freightiner Cascadia with an ISX15 CM2250 Engine. Recently I have gotten my dpf filter and doc filter cleaned. I took it off myself without a computer thinking I would save money but eventually broke down less than 15 miles from my home location. My mechanic told me I was supposed to use a computer so I ended up having to replace my egr and going to freightliner for an ecm update. After the update I was getting codes 1922 1981. So I took it back to my mechanic and he did something to get rid of the 1922 code but now I still have the 1981 code. The code says that dpf is clogged or it could be a harness issue. My truck will start a regen but kicks it out within less than 10 minutes. Do I really need to get dpf cleaned again after only going less that 20 miles? Also, I've replaced the differential pressure sensor on the dpf, the scr junction box and a temperature sensor on the scr. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
replyreply
RE: CM2250 Will Not Regen
Have you removed the IMAP sensor and or checked to see if it was plugged, if so the egr system needs to be throughly cleaned, it should be cleaned regardless at this point.

When was the aftertreatment fuel injector serviced/replaced last? I would definitely replace this
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jolt
(07-19-2017 )joed2323 Wrote:  Have you removed the IMAP sensor and or checked to see if it was plugged, if so the egr system needs to be throughly cleaned, it should be cleaned regardless at this point.

When was the aftertreatment fuel injector serviced/replaced last? I would definitely replace this

I bought an IMAP sensor yesterday and will put it on today. When you say the egr system needs to be cleaned what do you mean exactly? I just bought a brand new egr and I had it put on. I just bought the truck in October of 2016 and I haven't serviced or cleaned the aftertreatment fuel injector.
replyreply
Pull off and throughly clean all tubing from the egr cooler to the intake.. Lookup egr tune up on here those are your first steps..
replyreply
After you had your dpf and doc cleaned you were supposed to reset it with insite to let ecm know it has a clean filter. You should check for wiring harness and the scr can by the dpf. Look up cm2250 volcano on this forum. Also have you check injector behind turbo to see if it's clogged or leaking? How's the regen history?
replyreply
(07-19-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  After you had your dpf and doc cleaned you were supposed to reset it with insite to let ecm know it has a clean filter. You should check for wiring harness and the scr can by the dpf. Look up cm2250 volcano on this forum. Also have you check injector behind turbo to see if it's clogged or leaking? How's the regen history?

I'm having trouble getting that part of the pipe off its really difficult to remove. So, I can't check to see how clogged that injector really is. What do you mean by regen history?
replyreply
If you didn't get the gaskets seated properly between the cans, it also will not regen...It has to build up pressure in the system, and if the dpf pressure sensor doesn't detect the right pressure to commence a regen, it will "kick-out" and fail to regen......

my .02

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , hhow55 , Rawze , Jolt
07-20-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Will Not Regen ) 
(07-19-2017 )Jolt Wrote:  Hello All,

I have a 2012 Freightiner Cascadia with an ISX15 CM2250 Engine. Recently I have gotten my dpf filter and doc filter cleaned. I took it off myself without a computer thinking I would save money but eventually broke down less than 15 miles from my home location. My mechanic told me I was supposed to use a computer so I ended up having to replace my egr and going to freightliner for an ecm update. After the update I was getting codes 1922 1981. So I took it back to my mechanic and he did something to get rid of the 1922 code but now I still have the 1981 code. The code says that dpf is clogged or it could be a harness issue. My truck will start a regen but kicks it out within less than 10 minutes. Do I really need to get dpf cleaned again after only going less that 20 miles? Also, I've replaced the differential pressure sensor on the dpf, the scr junction box and a temperature sensor on the scr. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

Any number of things could have happened. Make sure first of all that you do not have any gasket leaks. Any leaks in the exhaust system will cause issues. Make sure the pipes going to the DPF differential pressure sensor are not clogged and if the sensor is old, you should have replace it when the cans were cleaned.

Also, without cummins insite, you are driving blind there. I would suggest you remedy that if you want to keep the regen system operating. Otherwise you will always be at the mercy of the over-priced stealershits.

Whenever you remove those cans and have them cleaned, you need to tell the ecm you did so via cummins insite. The ECM counts up the amount of soot it "thinks" it has made over time and does not count down. Only performing a "DPF Replacement" and "Maintenence Reset" will reset this counter, and you should only do that when you get the DPF cleaned. it sounds like you may have missed that step perhaps.

Your regen hsitory can be seen in Insite. At 14:38 in this video I show a regen history...

Others have also mentioned that cm2250 volcano. Here is a link...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

Don't rule out your NOx sensors for causing issues. They start going bad after about 200k miles typically and start to read incorrectly. They do not always throw fault codes but do make the engine have excess egr gas and excess black smoke, sometimes clogging the dpf repeatedly sometimes. They will also give high nox errors sometimes too.

Maybe this is some places to get started.

Before calling it good, YES you should do a forced regen to make sure everything is operating ok.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jolt , Brock , JMBT
07-20-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Will Not Regen ) 
a trip to mr. hag, @m*m^2 it and problem solved.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , scottydogtruck , smorgan87

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.