CM2250 Will Not Regen
07-21-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Will Not Regen ) 
RE: CM2250 Will Not Regen
I'm going to do this, and I hate to... Have you inspected your fuel pump for the correct tappets and plungers? There was a recall on these units, Cummins has since ended that campaign. Bastards.

You have a high pressure fuel pump on your motor, it originally came with ceramic plungers which liked to disintegrate and work their way through your motor, leaving it a boat anchor. If it were me, I would want to know what is inside that pump, which would require removing it and cracking it open. There are more than a few threads here on the subject. Not all motors had this recall performed. There are also reports of dealers stating it was, when it was not.

I was just in an International dealer the other day, and they had a crated up 2250 sitting in the shop. I looked at the motor and then looked at the mechanic and asked, pointing to the motor, "Fuel Pump"? He said, "How did you know"? I laughed. That motor was toast, a boat anchor. He stated they have replaced more than a few of these motors on warranty. It is still an ongoing problem, and now Cummins is no longer covering this blatant defect. The mechanic also stated there is at least one lawsuit in the works to go after Cummins regarding this "issue".

Check your fuel pump. The thinking here is that they are good for roughly 400,000 miles and then need to be replaced. That is a healthy fuel pump, one with the steel plungers, and they are not cheap. But, there are rebuild kits.

I don't know where you are, but if you are anywhere near Atalanta GA, or can get a load out that way, I would run your truck to Mr Hag. If you are up near Baltimore or that area, I would take that truck to Gearhead. Both of these men have diesel repair shops and know what to do with these motors and what to inspect. The days of reliability and simple servicing are over, especially if you want to keep the government mandate on your truck. Right now, you are driving a ticking time bomb. Seriously.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Jolt , hhow55 , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
CM2250 Will Not Regen - Jolt - 07-19-2017,
RE: CM2250 Will Not Regen - Waterloo - 07-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.