Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage
07-19-2017, (Subject: Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage ) 
RE: Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage
Well, the temp sensor was wrapped in the wiring harness on the driver side by the hood hinge on my 2008 ProStar, under the radiator. There was a bulge in the electrical tape, that is how I found it, and it was not easy. I had been looking for that thing for over two years. Oh, the dealer told me mine was mounted in the mirror housing too.

If that is your problem, I really can't tell you, but it is a place to start. Find it in that harness, dig it out and run the wire. Check for breaks or bare wire.

Here is a link to Navistar Bodybuilder, http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/...s08339.pdf it has all of the electrical nonsense on your truck. I would start at the temp sensor on the schematics and work your way back to the ECM. I am sure it runs through any number of sensors and other nonsensical places. Like the compass module that my ABS brake system and Jake run through. I am sure it is the same with that Ambient Temp Sensor. I believe that is why you are getting so many answers as to what to replace. The schematics are your new friend. ;-) Good luck!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage - Waterloo - 07-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.