Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage
07-30-2017, (Subject: Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage ) 
RE: Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage
For anyone having issues with a/c. My truck is an 09 prostar, an old revision bcm software. Long story short the bcm was cutting power off to the compressor randomly at first then completely, after initial start up. There was nothing wrong with the system at all. The ambient temp sensor was stuck high due to corrosion at the plug. The software in my bcm compares the temp reading with static pressure from the transducer and decides whether the system is low or high on refrigerant. I never thought this was the issue. After fixing it its been running for nealy 2 months without issues. I wish International would provide more info on their programming and the different revisions. Talked to a tech that works for them, he wasnt aware of it, yet he confirmed my suspicion on a few other trucks including straight trucks later. Its beyond me why they dont provide info to their dealer network on how their software works. So if anyone has erratic ambient temp reading fix it. Its an important sensor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ambient air temperature sensor high voltage - kmk - 07-30-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.