Fuel Tank Strap Broke, Parts Warning 2008 ProStar
07-21-2017, (Subject: Fuel Tank Strap Broke, Parts Warning 2008 ProStar ) 
Fuel Tank Strap Broke, Parts Warning 2008 ProStar
Rolling into GM the other day and my left front tank strap snapped. Rotted out from salt and what not. It was on my to do list, along with three other straps that are in rough shape. Worst part, I had full tanks. Anyway, I delivered my load and drove the 6 miles to the International dealer. It was late, evening, they were opened, I went in and no part in stock. We ordered one, stood there and watched him pick the correct strap, blah blah blah...

The next day the strap arrived and it was the wrong one. It was the back tank strap, the one without the welded on brackets for the steps. These are the straps that are used with the skirting, which my truck had before I removed it. The black powder coated straps.

Here is the WARNING!

These fuel tank straps in Internationals parts system, at least for my 2008 ProStar, all run under the same part number. So, if you are blindly ordering these straps, you will need to assure that you are getting the correct strap, I would verbally confirm if possible. They did get me the proper strap, but it took another 6 hours and cost me a day of work. And here is another kicker, the strap with the welded on brackets for the steps is around $70 cheaper than the back strap that has nothing welded to it. Unbelievable. And that should be a hint, this price difference. If they quote you around $250 for the strap, and you need the one with the brackets, this is not the proper strap. The strap with the brackets runs around $170. What a rip off.

As far as the stainless steel straps for say like the LoneStar, I don't know how those are in the parts system, so buyer beware with the stainless straps, do your due diligence.

If you own a ProStar with the skirting, and it is still attached to your truck, get under there and inspect those straps. I thought I had a bit more time on mine, I guess I didn't.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , barf
07-21-2017, (Subject: Fuel Tank Strap Broke, Parts Warning 2008 ProStar ) 
RE: Fuel Tank Strap Broke, Parts Warning 2008 ProStar
This has been posted before: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1111 and had lots of posts before the big purge happened too, but very important and needs to be repeated. I'm surprised International hasn't had to recall these.

Anyone tried these? https://www.4statetrucks.com/fuel-tanks/..._28420.asp I removed the side skirts and want stainless, but OEM is so expensive.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
07-22-2017, (Subject: Fuel Tank Strap Broke, Parts Warning 2008 ProStar ) 
RE: Fuel Tank Strap Broke, Parts Warning 2008 ProStar
I caught mine just in time back in march. Here is that post...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid13890

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.