Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,...
03-17-2016, (Subject: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... ) 
RE: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,...
I recently replaced my batteries with AGM's that I picked up on sale at my local International dealer. Anyways, over the past year I have been piecing together a stereo system for my truck. It is a 3400 watt system with three amps. I worried about battery drain, yes I'm anal about this stuff, so I installed a small AGM battery in my sleepers closet. I have that attached to an ignition keyed battery isolator so that when the key is off, my little battery in the closet is isolated from the four truck batteries...

The reason I mention this, is that my TriPac went down the other day, the truck sat for over a week, 10 days in below freezing temps. I forgot to turn the fridge off, and the inverter... Around a week later, I went out there to start the truck, upon hitting the ignition the volt meter was not looking promising, I was expecting a click click click... She started right up! That little battery did the trick and started the truck! There is no way in hell this truck should have started with the batteries alone, been there and done that. But since installing this tiny battery in the truck, my electrical system has worked better than ever. Just a thought, and a hell of allot cheaper than one of these $1000 dollar power cells.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... - Waterloo - 03-17-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.