2003 ISX suggestions needed
08-04-2017, (Subject: 2003 ISX suggestions needed ) 
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed
(08-02-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Nice to see someone new to being an O/O that has some self initiative instead of just a "I'll drop it off at the stealershit" attitude.
That mentality will take you far, and drastically increases your odds of success.
As a guy who changed injectors in a parking lot chasing ghosts, hearing someone else tackling things in a parking lot makes me smile...you sound like the kind of guy I would enjoy being parked next to for the weekend.
FYI, @snailexpress brought tools along to help me with the parking lot injector job, so you're in good company with quality people who pay it forward. There isn't much I wouldn't do for any member of this site.

Hey DD, have you read this http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1982 yet?
If you haven't done so yet, get yourself a laptop and a Chinese Inline adapter, it will pay for itself almost instantly and is literally the equivalent of a 1/2" wrench when it comes to these motors in its common use. If I'd have known then what I know now, I'd have had one years ago...
I took a short look on ebay at the chinese inline 5 you had mentioned. I have a laptop and printer in the truck already. It is kind of the next in line purchase. Just need to narrow down a good one.
It's all about making the run. I drove from Toronto to Indiana with about 4 ribs left on the belt, praying it would make it. It did, delivered and then fixed the truck. There's some stuff I know I can't do yet, and some stuff that just isn't practical to do in a parking lot. I generally will try to do most of the repairs, but some stuff I don't have the time for either. I did one kingpin myself to get it through the safety, but the other side I had the shop do when I was up north for a week. Yes I can do it but then I sacrifice some down time. I bit the bullet and paid a guy $250 to bring me coolant a couple weeks back. Blew a hose, cut it shorter and re-attached it, but only had a gallon with me. Hence wanting to add a second saddlebox. $250 for 3 gallons of coolant and 3 gallons of water is cheaper than a tow but still.
I'm trying hard to find a balance right now. Recently it's been drive all week wrench all weekend. I don't see that changing for awhile.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2003 ISX suggestions needed - DDlighttruck - 08-04-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.